Chapter 1

The door to my cell opens and a nurse came in, holding a glass of water and three medicines, as usual

The door to my cell opens and a nurse came in, holding a glass of water and three medicines, as usual. I sit closer on my bed as I wait for her to hand me the pills. I don't even know what they're called and what they are for, but one thing I know is that those things makes me sick. I once tried avoiding drinking those pills but the nurse caught me placing it under my pillow and now she never leaves the room until I show her the inside of my mouth to prove that I've drunk all of it.

"Here," a different nurse hands me a glass of water this time. She also handed me the pills one by one, unlike those other nurses who gave me all at once. Not that I swallow them all in anyway.

I handed her the glass back and then she leaned in closer to check if I had swallowed all of them down. When she was sure about it, she starts to walk towards the door and then locked it shut, leaving me all alone in this lonely room once again.

I was given my breakfast and lunch inside my room since yesterday. Probably they would hand me my dinner later too. They wouldn't allow me out, even to use the washroom I have to be escorted. Not that I wasn't escorted before, all patients are, but this time, it has to be three asylum staffs to escort me in the washroom which is not very lovely if I may say so.

That punishment was for me lashing out on Aubrey, who was a nurse in here who's really got it in for me. That nurse bugs me the heck out, she's the definition of lame and annoying. It was like I am the apple of her eye (note the sarcasm), and every time she'd get a chance and see me, it was like she's making it to a point where she's rubbing it in my face that I am a patient in here.

Not like I have anything much to do about it, but still she should be nice to patients.

Okay I get it, I am a freak who was admitted in here since who the heck knows when but it's not really necessary to rub it in. And my last string on her was finally cut when she called me psychotic on the lunch table the other day. I pulled on the collar of her work uniform and slapped her hard. I don't know, I just lashed out and was so angry that the other nurses had to inject a tranquilizer on me. And then I passed out.

I don't really know what's with that Aubrey nurse though.

Well maybe, my punishment about staying in my room for days is actually a good idea. I mean, there's no snotty nurse to bother me during lunch hours.

To be honest, I am actually scared of what I might do next when I see Aubrey again. If she ever do something again. I feel like I wasn't myself when I did to her what I did the other day. I mean, I shouldn't be acting that way but my thoughts, they're what pushed me. Maybe that's why I ended up in here in the first place.

Maybe because I did something horrible.

Truth is, I don't even know why I am here to start with. I mean, it was just like I was a happy child (or maybe not) who slept on her bed and then the next day she woke up, she was in a freaking asylum. Home for the mentally disturbed people. And then I had to live with it.