Chapter 13

Thayer was about to go outside when the door flew open

Thayer was about to go outside when the door flew open. Revealing a nurse, and not just one nurse. But two of them. And one of them is Aubrey.

Oh fuck.

My heart dropped at the sight of Aubrey looking at me with that I-knew-it kind of eyes. The other nurse with her steps forward, a little bit guarded. He must be waiting for us to go all crazy.

I look at Thayer, his jaw is clenched, but I can tell by the way he's standing up rocking his heels a little bit and resting them that he's trying to keep calm. I look back at the nurse, then towards Aubrey who has this knowing look on her face as she says, "What are you two doing here?"

"So there are three of you trying to escape huh," the male nurse finally speaks up stepping in front of Thayer. Thayer looks at me with eyes seeming to say 'I'm sorry this happened'. I shrugged it off and tried to smiled at him assuringly. 

The nurse takes Thayer by his arms, they're about the same height, and threatens to shot him a tranquilizer if he ever tries to budge. They are halfway through outside the door when Aubrey walks up to me and take me by the arms too, quite harshly. I flinched at the sudden contact. 

I glare at her but she just smirks at me looking straight ahead, but not before whispering the word 'psycho' into my ear. Would she stop that already? I might not be able to hold it in any longer for her. Her face makes me want to strangle her.

Now that's psycho.

But wasn't she supposed to be gentle and kind towards the patients? I'm pretty sure that's part of their jobs.

The nurses escorts us outside my room down the hall. I'm feeling all nervous and scared and confused all at the same time. I look at Thayer asking and he shakes his head not knowing what's happening too.

I notice the lights are now turned on, the halls aren't as dark as before. Other patients peeks through the mini glass on their doors looking at us. Others laughing, some are wondering, others are screaming but all busy in their own deranged minds.

"Where are you taking us?" Thayer finally asks the nurse. Aubrey looks at him with faux sympathy I almost kick her legs if it wasn't for the tranquilizer poking in her pockets.

None of them answered. I repeated the question and still there was no answer. I rolled my eyes, why so rude?

"Where the fuck are you taking us?" Thayer asks quite violently. The male nurse immediately waved the tranquilizer in front of his face gripping his arms tighter. 

Again, I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to act like that.

If I were Thayer for sure I would have done the same thing. We're just asking one simple question, answering us won't cost them dollars.

"Just please answer, what the heck?!" I say through clenched teeth. Aubrey grips onto my arms so tight digging her nails deep into my skin I winced at the contact.