Chapter 11

I sit inside my room in silence

I sit inside my room in silence. Mike isn't around, a day-off or something so unfortunately, Aubrey is the nurse assigned at my area. She escorted me on the breakfast table earlier and I'm so not willing to have lunch later. I don't want to see her face. 

One good thing is that, she's not trying to get on my nerves now. She just keeps on smirking through the whole walk to the cafeteria, which is albeit a bit annoying, at least she isn't saying anything.

As of Thayer, he had been obsessing about getting out of this place for over a week now. He kept urging me to go along with his plan, but as much as I wanted to get out of this damned place, I'm too afraid to do so. 

What if us escaping through the walls of this sanitarium fails? That would just mean much worse thing to happen. And plus, I have nowhere to go and I still don't know the reason behind why am I here.

I sigh pressing my thumb on my forehead. I leaned against the wall and counted up to one hundred. I discovered that doing so helps me calm down a little.

 I look up at the ceiling, wondering what would happen, what would change if I ever escape in this place. Would it make things better? Would I live a normal life? What if people find out that I'm an escaped mental patient? 

For sure the institution would have a way to find out where we are. Maybe they would even post a sign with our pictures in it saying that I am missing, that I should be brought back in the sanitarium. 

Maybe, just maybe they would even contact my parents, and that is if they have their contact number though.

I had a dream last night, I saw my mom and my dad, but they were facing backwards so I didn't got to stare at their faces. But I know, deep inside that it's them. I called for them but they were not facing my direction, and then I called over and over again. And when they're about to turn around, I woke up. It sucks.

The door opens revealing Aubrey with that smirk playing across her lips again, "Lunch."

I contemplate standing up from my seat but then again, I realized I am in fact hungry. So I lazily stand up from my bed and followed Aubrey who is now leaning against the wall looking at her nails. Bitch. I don't know but something about her makes my blood boil.

When she sees me outside the room, she closes the door and then walks straight proceeding to the cafeteria. Thayer is walking through the cafeteria too with a male nurse, he turns and saw me and then he smiles. We walk at the same pace as his nurse is having a conversation with Aubrey.

"Where's Mike?" he asks. 

Another patient gets out of her room and then a nurse follows along. It is eerily quiet here, which is a bit unusual but I find it good, great even.

"Day-off I guess," I answer, sounding unsure, I don't really know things about the outside world. Like how they manage to get a job or whatnot. 

Being locked up in here had me ignorant about things. We turn around a corner and we finally reach the cafeteria. The nurses ushers us in and Thayer let me in first.

"So about what I asked you earlier this week," Thayer trails off as we get our lunch from Mrs. Lynch, being careful and quiet enough as he asks me since a nurse is watching us and we're afraid to get caught redhanded with whatever we are talking about. I get myself a glass of water and then we make our way to a table near the door.

"I don't know Thayer," I answer, "I mean, it's escaping. If you ever continued with that plan, there's no assurance that you'd make it out safe, or alive. They would think that you're too crazy and maybe it would be a much worse punishment, don't you think?"

He smiles and then toys with his food as I take a bite on my lunch, "I've thought about that y'know."

I arch my eyebrows at him and then he shakes his head, "come on, don't you want to escape?"

I do, but it's just that there's no assurance that we'd really get out of this place. I said nothing though, just continued with my food. 

He clears his throat and then he starts telling me about the other ways of his plan, I didn't hear much though. I'm just so lost in my own train of thoughts. I'm stuck between wanting to get out and fearing about getting out. How crazy is that?

"Just think about it, please?" he says, pleading clear in his tone. I melt at the sight of his eyes  doing that faux sad expression. I am not into feeling anything like liking someone given the situation that I am in but I find him kind of cute every time he does that.

I mentally slapped myself for thinking such things, "Why would you even want to tag me along with your escape though? for sure you can do it by yourself, I would just be a burden."

"No you're not," he says finally getting a bite on his food, "it's just that you're okay I guess, and you don't deserve being locked up in here."

"I'll think about it," I deadpanned.

 He looks at me indecisively, "You've been saying that for days now Scar, I need answers whether you're in or not. Because, if we're planning on escaping," he lowers his voice this time looking around us and then straight back at me, "we need to do this sooner."

The nurse must have wondered what we're talking about since he inches a bit closer to us.

I almost laughed at his seriousness but I figured that would be inappropriate at this point. In fact, he's dead serious. It's not something to make fun of. 

Aubrey walks near us clearing her throat and then glaring at me. I was holding myself out on lashing at her when she mouthed the words 'freak'. She's definitely not getting it, I would die to slap her right here and then but I'm afraid that would appear so psycho for me. 

And in fact, if I ever decide on joining with Thayer's escaping plan, I need to lay low, have a good shot with the doctors and other nurses, so now, I have to hold my temper.

I roll my eyes at the snotty nurse and turn my attention back on Thayer.

"Get's in your nerves huh?" he mocks and I stick my tongue out at him, that made him laugh. 

Thinking about his plans, getting out of here and out of Aubrey's sight seems to be a good idea. But I don't know if I can ever be in into that idea.

✂------------------------------------------    

Don't hesitate to leave down your thoughts on the comment section xx

Don't be a silent reader ;)

Vote. Comment. Share

Check out: Goodbye Emiline