Chapter 9

"You need to talk about it," Dr

"You need to talk about it," Dr. Collins says gently interlacing his fingers over his desk. I stare at the stacks of folders and papers lying on his table and back to my feet, finding it more interesting. He sighs and then leans on the table a little bit, "Scarlett you have to--"

"I don't want to," I retort gazing at everything in this room but him. The walls are painted white-- like Dr. Morgans office-- well obviously I figured all rooms in here are painted in white, and there are cabinets with every handle labeled with letters A-Z. There's a water dispenser near the door and a mini empty table. 

"How can we help you if you won't help yourself?" he asks, the authority clear in his tone, but he isn't trying to sound scary, he is just trying to help as what he wants to call it.

Help me? I chuckle bitterly to myself but didn't dare to speak up. I woke up in the clinic again earlier, and the same old nurse greeted me. And then half an hour later, a different nurse, escorted me into Dr. Collins's office.

I've been here for eight years. And I don't think there's any help that's been happening. There isn't and this place just makes me more insane. Why don't you just kill me?

"Look," I finally dare speak up, "it was just a nightmare okay? And I don't want to talk about it anymore."

"Scarlett listen," he clears his throat and wipes his eyeglasses with a small sheet of fabric and then wear it again, "whatever that dream is--"

"It's a nightmare," I corrected.

"Okay that nightmare, maybe it has some meaning into it. You blocked out after that right? And you don't need to just push it aside. Maybe that nightmare is something that is bothering you. Or maybe answers to what questions you have in mind. I'm not saying that you have the need to interpret it in order to solve your problems. But sometimes dreams are like the fulfillment of your wish, you know? But since in your case it was a nightmare, think about what it can mean for you. What that certain dream, or let's say nightmare wants to tell you. Just this pointer Scarlett, dreams are always true but in a sense that what they mean isn't always what we think they mean."

"I'm not sure what you're getting at," I say, but somehow that isn't exactly the truth, but I have somehow the hint of what he wants to imply. 

He wants me to maybe at least figure out that dream and then if I have anything to say about it, or own interpretation I should go to him and talk about it. That's just his way of curing patients.

"Just think about it," he says, "if it doesn't mean anything to you, then I'll let it slide. But if you've figured out what it is trying to tell, then you can always consult me. Tell me about that dream and maybe we could work it out. Help you with your depression."

What the heck? I officially hate Dr. Collins now, "I'm out of here."

He isn't done speaking ye but I stand up from my seat, turned back and opened the door outside. Mike is passing by the hall and the nurse who escorted me here comes making sure I don't run or anything. Well news flash, I am not that crazy psycho.