Chapter 20

Oh shit Sherlock

Oh shit Sherlock.

Fear and adrenaline rushes through me and the next thing I knew I am already ducking myself underneath one of the patient's metal bed in the clinic. I swear I am fully awake now, add it to the fact that I just bumped my head into the bed. That hurt.

I didn't see Mike or Thayer's expression or whoever walked into the door. All I can see aure feet, one pair of Mike and the other from a doctor.

My heart is pounding loudly on my chest and I am so scared at whatever might happen once that doctor see that I am in here sneaking inside the clinic just to see another patient.

And I'm pretty sure there isn't any encounters like that before.

But then I thought, is that forbidden? Even that? Aren't the patients not supposed to be isolating themselves around?

Plus, if any of the staffs find out Mike is sneaking me in here in the middle of the night, probably helping me, Mike's gonna be so screwed up. And that would be terrible, I don't want him to get in trouble just because of a patient like me. After all, all that he's been doing is being a good nurse and a friend, albeit sometimes, he can be such a jerk.

"Mr. Evans, what are you doing here?" I close my eyes and mentally rolling it once I recognized who that voice belongs too, "aren't you supposed to be looking over the patients? And also doing your work with the other nurses?"

I feel terrible for ever having to be the one reason why Mike is being interrogated by Dr. Jean now. But for the record, and for my conscience, I didn't even ask him to bring me to Thayer in the middle of the night, but whatever.

I see Dr. Jean's feet move around to the other side, towards where Thayer is lying at. I glare at her feet even though it won't do anything.

"I was just checking in to see Linda," he stammers. I try to keep my breath to myself not wanting to cause any noises that would stir Dr. Jean's attention. For all I know, she could have had me whipped too if she ever finds me in here.

"And why is that?" she questions using that same voice she used to me that time in the courtyard. That bitch of a doctor, I wouldn't be surprised if she and Aubrey are related.

"I've just got some questions about the supplies of medicines," Mike quickly answers making it obvious that he's lying. If Dr. Jean notice that, she's good at pretending like she doesn't.

"Hmm I see," Dr. Jean replies and I so badly wish I could see her face right now, just to see her knowing reaction. But putting that aside, I wonder how the heck would Mike be able to get me out of here and back to my room. How is he supposed to sneak me back with Dr. Jean inside this clinic?

It's getting hot in here and all I want right now is to talk to Thayer or just go back to my room. It wasn't really nice underneath this metal bed if I may say so myself. There are spider webs hanging on one foot of the bed and obviously, this place hadn't been at least swept by. I covered my mouth with my right hand, which I assume is still clean because my left hand had just recently picked on a dead cockroach a few moments earlier. As much as it's gross, I couldn't bring myself to scream in which in fact I am so close to doing the moment my hand landed on that stupid cockroach.