Chapter 56

"Scarlett?" Mike's voice snapped me out of my thoughts as I stood on the staircase, staring at old pictures of me with my parents and my twin

"Scarlett?" Mike's voice snapped me out of my thoughts as I stood on the staircase, staring at old pictures of me with my parents and my twin. I looked over at his direction and saw him, wearing a different shirt than one from last night, his hair combed nicely, and he has on a backpack slung on his right shoulder.

"Hey," I mutter, fixing my gaze back on a family picture where Shannon and I are wearing the same dress. I noticed that we have different smiles, she has her teeth all showing, which looks really beautiful on her, while.I have those closed-lip smile. I actually couldn't point out who I was in that picture until my mom pointed it out once I asked her about it the other day.

"Have you talked to your parents yet?" he asked, stepping down on the middle of the staircase to where I was.
I gave him a nod and stared into the backpack he was holding, "I don't want to leave."

"It'll only be for temporary," he said, "and besides, your parents knows about our situation."

I sighed, finally tearing my gaze away at the picture and instead landing on the other picture, right next to it. It was of me and Shannon. Both smiling directly at the camera. I have my arms wrapped around her in a form of a side hug, her eyes glowing, teeth showing. She's wearing that locket, the same one from my dream back in the sanitarium.

"Is it a good or a bad sigh?" he asked, placing his hands on my shoulder.

"I just...," I trailed off, "it's just that, I think... my parent's not telling me something."

"How'd you say that?" he asked, confusion drawing in his features.

"Well," I cleared my throat, trying to think of ways on how I'm going to explain what I have just observed earlier, "while we were having a conversation earlier, it's actually going pretty well. It's like I really have my parents and it's a good feeling. They're worried, they care and Iove that feeling. More than anything. But... there's some point where Lincoln would say something and then my mom, she would give my dad this look and then my dad would like, stop, and then the subject would be changed. But maybe it was just me, I mean, I don't really know my way around these things right? So yeah, that's all. Don't.. just forget it."

Mike pulled me close kissing the side of my head, "Don't sweat about it. We'll figure it out once we've crossed this one problem of ours, 'kay?"

I nodded and tried to focus on the task in hand which is going back to Thayer's apartment. Mike's right, we'll figure it out after this. And it's probably nothing.

Downstairs, Thayer is sitting in  the living room with my parents, drink in hand. My parents offered me a smile and I gave one in return. My mom had her arms open wide and I go over her direction, embracing her.

"It'll just be for a few days, right?" she asked hugging me tight. I nodded, "yeah. I'm gonna miss you both."

"We'll miss you too, dear," she said kissing my cheeks, "If there's anything we can do to help, just tell us okay?"