Chapter 58

It's been three hours since I tried to get myself to sleep, and it's been three hours since I can't even get my eyes closed

It's been three hours since I tried to get myself to sleep, and it's been three hours since I can't even get my eyes closed. Sleep won't consume me.

I've been staring up the ceiling for three hours now, and I'm pretty sure I've counted up to whatever number it is now, but still my eyes won't droop close. It's like I am on a battle with my own self. Half of me wants to sleep and the other half just wanted to stay awake.

And it's not gonna do me any good especially since I've been trying to continue my dream with Shannon in it. The dream that I had two days ago.

But damn it, it's so hard to sleep.

I heaved out a long sigh, and then dragged myself out of the bedroom and towards the kitchen. Maybe I need some water or whatever.

I just want to tell you that there's still a hole to the truth that you're trying to find out.

What hole Shannon? What do you mean?

I wanted to scream the question throughout the entire house but I know that even if I did, I still wouldn't get answers. Shannon isn't here to answer my confusion. She'll never be. And I'm holding onto that hope that she'll show up in one of my dreams again.

I finished the glass of water and placed it on the sink before going back to my room. Maybe this time I'd fall asleep.

There haven't been any threats with our safety for the past two days. Only when we watched the news yesterday that the cops are still looking for us.

I don't know the state of my parents right now, but I'm praying and hoping that they are safe. That they weren't into too much trouble just because of me.

When I reached my room, I immediately went straight to bed. I hope I'd fall asleep and that my dream with Shannon in it would resume.

✂------------------------------------------

"Can we just, like visit my parents please? I want to see how they're doing," I asked the two guys Saturday afternoon as we're watching the television.

Thayer looked at me, "that might be dangerous, Scar. Considering our situation."

"We'll be careful," I pleaded, "I mean, you can just drive me there and then, I'll be the only one to leave the car. I just want to see them, check to see if they are fine."

Thayer didn't said anything after that, and silence filled the room. I'm getting worried about my parents and I want to see them. We've sneaked our way a handful of times from the cops now, maybe this wouldn't  be much different.

The sound coming from the television filled my ears. And the silence from Mike and Thayer is causing me to feel uncomfortable. Unsure of everything.