Chapter 40

Thayer throws a punch at Chris using all of his energy

Thayer throws a punch at Chris using all of his energy. Chris falls on his back onto the floor dropping the gun from his hands as he cups his face where Thayer had punched it.

"You psycho!" Chris grunted as he offers himself up and attempts to throw a punch at Thayer back but fortunately, he failed and hit the cabinet instead.

I look on the floor and out of impulse took the gun that Chris had dropped just a few moments ago. Mike looks at me and then back at Thayer, and then he kicks Chris at the shin as he is about to lounge once more at Thayer.

I am helplessly watching the commotion, with the heavy gun in my hand. I don't know what to do with it, and I wasn't up for using it against anybody too.

"Run, now!" Thayer shouts as Chris successfully punched him square on the jaw causing him to fall on the floor.

Panick surges through me and I can't seem to move.

"Scarlett!"

"Scarlett!"

"Scarlett!"

"what are you doing Scarlett?!"

"Scarlett! Scar!"

"Scarlett run!"

"I hate you Scarlett!" Shannon snaps at me as she takes a sip on her orange juice.

I didn't say a word, just looked at her unbelievably.

"I told you to do what I say and we'll never have a problem like this."

"I'm not gonna pretend like you, that's crazy!" I shouted at her irritated.

She rolls her eyes, "we're twins duh, it's not crazy."

"You're a lunatic," I mutter.

"What did you say?" Shannon asks daring me. It's like she's really trying to break a cord on me. She walks over in front of me and dropped her glass of juice on my feet.

"What the fuck Shan?!"

I can feel the pain from the shattered glass surging through me. And I can feel my blood boil, heat creeping up my cheeks.

"Are you mad at me now Scar?" she asks in a taunting tone.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Slap me. You're mad at me, then slap me!"

I glare at her, clenching my teeth in pure irritation. I tried to count to ten and decided to just leave the kitchen when she grabs my arm making me turn around to face her.

"We're not yet done my twin sister."

She said that in such distaste that it makes me wanna puke.