Chapter 24

I continue walking down the hall to find the girl I had seen earlier

I continue walking down the hall to find the girl I had seen earlier. I sneak out of the cafeteria quickly once I made sure that the nurses and guards aren't watching. 

I turn towards the right corner and the girl, I think about the same height as me, is standing idly in the middle of the hallway. She has blonde hair, the same color as mine. 

"Hey!," I call out and at the same time trying not to catch any attention from the staffs. The girl continue on walking without turning back on my direction, "Hey!"

She starts to walk faster and so did I. I notice her earlier exiting the cafeteria. I didn't know why, but my instincts urge me to follow her and that's how I ended up walking in the part of the sanitarium that I'm not familiar to.

I try to keep my pace with her hoping that I'd reach her as she turns on the other corner. I call out again but she still isn't looking, I wonder if she ever hear me or if she's deaf, or maybe she's just plainly ignoring me.

Once I turn another corner, I realize that this is another part of the asylum. It is all too unfamiliar unlike all the other hallways that leads back to my room. The lights in here are poorly built, the furnishing of the walls looks old and worn out. There are some scratches on some parts of the wall and also, it is too silent in here and there are no signs of nurses and guards around.

I look ahead of me noticing that the girl I am following just point five seconds ago is no longer in sight. I continue to walk straight ahead, this time slower. Where did she went?

Just when I am about to reach another corner, I hear footsteps. I quickly panicked and looked around for some place where I can actually hide, but there aren't any. All there is in this halls are rooms, obviously. But they are locked. 

The footsteps grows nearer and nearer as seconds go by and this time my heart is already racing fast, thumping on my chest. I look to my left side and there is a door widely open. Against my better judgment, I quickly go inside the open room and partially closed the door still peeking outside.

The room has no lights on making it appear dark. It's actually an empty room. I take a look outside and the footsteps is growing farther away. It is from a nurse, I didn't see her face because her back is already turned on me.

After a few minutes, I decided to get out of the room. I don't even know where that patient had gone to now, so I figure I should better go back to the cafeteria quietly as I could before someone else notices that a patient isn't there.

I make my way back towards the direction of the cafeteria but not before looking back again to see if there's any sign of the girl I saw earlier, but there isn't.

Halfway through walking when I hear a voice, "Looks like someone is lost."

I didn't have to turn around to know who is behind me, I know exactly who's the owner of that voice.