Chapter 46

Mike pulls me along with him as we both stop running on the streets

We've been out of Thayer's place about fifteen minutes ago and we both reveled in the cool night air and half silent streets.

"This is amazing," I muse as we both settle ourselves down on one of the benches.

Mike smiles to himself still trying to catch his breath, "Yes, this is."

I've never really experienced running out into the streets in the middle of the night with the wind touching my cheeks in every fast movements.

The light from the streetlights illuminating the dark road as the stars shine down from the sky looks so serene.It's like I am seeing the world for the first time.

It's like living on this earth for the first time and I'm loving every second of this moment right now.

"Thank you," I tell Mike as we both lean our backs against the bench, "for letting me experience this moment."

He pulls me closer to him, wrapping his left arm on my shoulders, "thank you for deciding to leave that place."

Two girls pass by both looking at their phones. Besides them, no one ever seems to be around except for me and Mike.

"I wish I could stay in here forever, I wish things could stay like this forever," I mutter because as much as I'm having fun right now, I know sooner or later I'd have to go back to reality once the sun starts to rise.

I know deep down that I still need to face my terrible life.

If only I could just run away from it.

But that would be impossible, considering my situation.

"You will, Scar," Mike says, "now, wanna get some ice cream?"

I smile and nod letting Mike drag me to wherever again.

✂------------------------------------------

Mike and I pulls our hood up making sure that we're fully covered as we step inside the ice cream shop.

It's amazing how they're open 24 hours a day, according to Mike.

There are two people by the corner eating their orders and another man standing by the counter ordering. I looked all over the place, there's a quote on the wall saying , Ice cream fix everything. I smile at the idea.

At the far end of the room, near the counter is an abstract painting with light colors. It adds to the cute vibe of the place.

Mike and I walk towards the counter where a girl, maybe about my age is handing the man his ice cream.

"What flavor do you want?" Mike asks as we scan through the different flavors in front of us.