Chapter 43

I look at myself infront of the mirror

I look at myself infront of the mirror. My eyes has dark circles underneath it, my face too thin. I look pale, I look lifeless.

I inch my hands closer to the mirror, as if touching it would somehow help me regain lost parts, lost memories of myself.

I try remembering details, anything that might've happened after the flashback I had a few days back.

But there's nothing.

"Hey," I got startled by Thayer's reflection on the mirror. I turn around to face him as he takes a seat at the edge of the bed.

"Hey," I reply tying my hair up.

"Are you alright?" he asks looking at me. I contemplated with what would be my answer but I just ended up simply nodding my head.

"So, Mike told me," he clears his throat looking over the room, "about finding your parents."

"I'm scared," I quickly voice out.

"Scared of what? coming face to face with them?" he asks standing up from his seat as he walks near me.

"ahhh!"

"Scarlett what have you done?!"

Shannon's scream and my mom's voice keeps on playing inside my head. I try so hard to shake it all away, trying so hard to push it at the back of my mind.

"Scar?" Thayer's voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

I look at him still trying to push the thoughts out of my mind, "Nothing... it's just that..."

"What?" he asks.

"W-what if they don't want me?"

He pointedly stared at me before putting his attention down on the floor, "why would you think that?"

"Because," I exhale, hardly trying to get the words out, "because I'm a mental patient. They brought me in that sanitarium and never even once visited me."

"Scarlett look," he says placing his hands on both side of my shoulders, "clearly, you don't remember much about what happened, and that leads us to a fact that we don't know the whole story behind you being locked up.

"Now, we have no idea what might happen once you see them, but it's worth a try right? It would give you answers from all the questions that's been bothering you all along."

But do I want answers?

I didn't say anything after that. I just let my mind drift off to places, to possibilities. To the pros and cons of seeing my parents after a long time. I'm not even sure if I still remember their faces, heck do they still even remember me?

The daughter they abandoned in the sanitarium?

I didn't even realize that a few tears has already slid their way down my face until Thayer wipes them with his thumb, "Scar."