Chapter 66

Thayer's POV

Thayer's POV

"Scar, you remember this hall, right?" I ask Scarlett as we make a left turn towards the end of the hall, but when I turn around to face her, my jaw almost dropped to see that she isn't by my side anymore and I realize that I am no longer holding her onto her hand.

My eyes widens in shock and pure horror. Damnit.

I looked to my left and right, then without second-thinking about it, I start to walk faster back. Looking at all directions just to see any figure that indicates it is Scarlett.

I want to shout for her name, but it's too risky. I'm starting to get all worried, I just wish she just got left behind, I wish she isn't held captive by the staffs, by Chris, by Aubrey, by Dr. Jean.

"Scarlett?" I whisper-asked, hoping that someone would answer. Hoping that Scarlett would just magically appear infront of me.

But there's no response, and I'm getting alarmed.

✂------------------------------------------

Scarlett's POV

I bit the insides of my cheek, trying to stop my tears from falling, trying to stop myself from making a sound. I have my hands covering my mouth as I close my eyes so tight, hiding behind an old cabinet inside a room I saw open the moment I ran from Chris.

My insides are turning, and my heart is hammering inside my chest I'm pretty damn sure it would fall out any second.

I can still feel the coldness of the gun Chris had pointed at me from earlier. I can still feel his strong grip on my arms, and just thinking about him being my brother makes me want to vomit.

I open my eyes, adjusting it to the darkness of the room. I peek behind the cabinet, looked around, and when I'm pretty sure that no one's in sight, I left the comfort of the cabinet and headed towards the half-open door.

My feet feels week, legs exhausted, but I still need to find Thayer, save Mike and then get out of this sanitarium alive. I don't know what would happen next but I'm prayinng that it would be good.

I open the door wider, and then I look through the halls trying my best to be as quiet as I could. The halls are still dark, empty. I don't know what part of the sanitarium I am in now, and that makes me even more nervous.

I lead myself out of the room, holding onto the wall as I walk quite slowly. I can hear my heart thudding loudly on my chest, and my eyes are starting to grow watery.