Chapter 16

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for the wonderful reads xx Enjoy reading :)

✂------------------------------------------

"I've been gone for a day and you're already starting to get yourself in trouble, huh?," Mike says a bit teasingly the moment he comes by to check on me the next day

"I told you I wasn't trying to escape," I defend taking a sip on the cup of water. He sits down at the spare chair just idly placed at the end of the room, pulling it closer so my bed so he can get a little close while we're talking.

"I know, I know," he replies, "but what was that patient doing in your cell by the way? And let's not forget about the fact that every patients' room door was unlocked."

"First of all," I trail off, "he has a name. And second of all I don't have any idea."

But truth is, I still didn't buy Thayer's explanation that he wasn't trying to escape that night. I mean why the heck is he out of his room at that certain happening in the sanitarium, right?

Mike nods at my direction leaning his back against the chair, I on the other hand continued eating. There is a long pause, and I can feel Mike's stare starting to bore holes on me.

I feel a bit uneasy at the situation, I am not used to being stared at. I mean technically yes, doctors, nurses and other asylum staffs looks at me but those looks are with precautions, almost as if they are scared that even a slightest bit of touch I'd flip out. But in all honesty, why would I do that?

And that leads us ladies and gentlemen to the established fact that I was an asylum patient, psychotic as what Aubrey likes to point it out.

"Have you ever thought about escaping?," Mike abruptly asks making me turn to look at his direction. He has this unreadable expression on his face but was quickly replaced with curiosity thereafter.

I let the question linger through my senses before clearing my throat and opening my mouth to answer.

"I bet every single patient in here had thought about that," I simply say as I continue to focus on my nearly empty plate.

"But," there is a long pause, "have you ever thought of putting it into action?"

"If I have ever thought of that, then I would be smart enough to take advantage of what had happened the other night for me to escape,"okay that was a lie. To be honest, I had imagined escaping this sanitarium after the first day that Thayer told me about his plan of escaping.

That's why I had a mini battle with my decisions last night when all our rooms got unlocked.

And for the record, I was so close to putting that escape plan into action that time when Dr. Jean locked us up for almost a whole day in that eerie room.