Chapter 26

"So at around midnight, Mike will help us get out of the room for a while," Thayer whispers once we are at the far back of the cafeteria

"So at around midnight, Mike will help us get out of the room for a while," Thayer whispers once we are at the far back of the cafeteria. Mike and I nods as we listen intently at the same time acting as if everything's normal.

But normal isn't included in this sanitarium in all honesty.

"And then we'll walk through the other hall leading to where the patient records are stored, it's actually the long route but it is safer than the shorter one trust me," that's Mike. He keeps on glancing at me since we started talking about our plan that will later be put into action tonight.

"And then you'll serve as a look-out once we get inside to find my records," I continue, "and then you have your alibi with you if anyone walks through that area."

"Yes," Mike nods.

We had been talking about this plan since earlier this morning. It is lunch hour now, and we're currently keeping the plan in mind. Making sure that there'll be no problems later.

Mike stopped acting strange about this plan a little bit, though he keeps on glancing at me every now and then even asking me if I am totally determined with this plan earlier this morning.

"So I guess we'll see each other later at midnight," Thayer speaks standing up from his seat. Mike and I stands too and starts to head for the door. Lunch is over and Thayer and I are getting back to our rooms. 

✂------------------------------------------      

Mike peeks through my room door, keys in hand. He offers a smile as he looks outside left and right before entering my room and then closing the door behind. 

I finger-combed my hair, feeling all fidgety. Tonight will be the time where we're going to have to put our plan into action. I'm psyched and nervous at the same time. My heart is racing, but it isn't that of in a bad way. It's actually a mixture of nervousness and excitement.

"Ready?," Mike asks me as he sits at the foot of my bed. I nod my head not being able to just utter a single answer. 

"There's a change of plan," Mike announces making me snap my head towards his direction. 

What change of plans? Is it moved or what? Are we gonna postpone it? I hope not. I've been waiting all day for this plan to happen. I need to get my records now. It's now or never.

"What?," I ask, nervousness clear in my tone. 

"Thayer can't come with us," Mike says, "he told me he'll be fine. But if we handle this with just the two of us, it would be easier to sneak out. And plus, I know where the records are, I'll help you find it. And Thayer said that us sneaking him out of his cell would just be a waste of time."

"He said that?," I ask, quite relieved that the plan is still ongoing, but a little bit disappointed because Thayer wouldn't be a part of it. Though he has a point. And it would be such baggage for Mike to sneak two patients out of their rooms at the same time.