Chapter 59

"Maybe my mom and dad knows about someone," I said, drumming my fingers on my lap as we drove towards my parent's house

Mike is behind the wheel since Thayer have a hard time moving his arms and all due to the wound he got three nights ago. I was sitting on the passenger seat while Thayer accomodates the whole backseat.

"A doctor..." Thayer trailed off, "could she be reffering to Dr. Jean?"

"I was thinking the same thing," Mike said.

"Yeah, it could be," I said, staring out the window.

"Dr. Jean's the only bitch of a doctor back in the sanitarium, right? It has to be her. Though, why would your twin talk about her in your dreams? And plus, no offense, she's already dead when you were admitted in the sanitarium."

"Well, actually," Mike added, looking through the rearview mirror and then  back on the road, "there's another doctor. Dr. Meredith."

"Oh yeah," Thayer's face turned sour as I looked at him at the back, "that other bitch who may or may not have killed my sister. But I don't think she has anything to do with Scar."

I didn't said anything, but just listened to them talking. It really would make sense if Shannon is indeed reffering to Dr. Jean. But at the same time, could my dream be really telling me something? Or is it just another effect of the different types of medicines I had taken back in the sanitarium?

"She's the one who ordered for your whipping, right?" I suddenly remembered as we passed around a building and turned around a corner.

"Who? Dr. Meredith?" Mike asked, "yeah she is."

"You're whipped?" Thayer asked, sounding surprised. And then I remembered, we haven't really told Thayer about it. Because that day that I found out about Mike's whipping, the two of us decided to just drop the subject and never venture about it again.

Mike nodded, looking at Thayer through the rearview mirror for a brief second. Thayer seemed so taken aback by the new information and started cursing profanities about the whole sanitarium staffs, "---they're really up to no good."

A few moments later, and Mike pulled off to a familiar road, infront of a familiar house, and now that I remember, we're finally here, at my parents'.

"Should I walk you inside?" Mike asked before I could even open the passenger door.

I looked over at Thayer, then back at Mike and shook my head, "I'd be fine. This wouldn't take long."

"Be careful," Thayer said, offering me a somewhat nervous smile as I eent out the car.

✂------------------------------------------

I was wrapped into a warm embrace the moment I stepped inside the front door. With my mom holding onto me as if her life depended on me.