The Fire

(A/N: Hey guys, Brooke here! I've already finished this story, but something was brought to my attention. Ages. In the book, Jamie is 16-18 years old, not legal age at the start. If that bothers you, pretend she is older. But otherwise, let's act like ages don't matter and people can love who they want. Kay? Kay. Also, this story is now under editing!)

-Edited-

I walked home slowly after a long day at school. High school really drains your energy. I love my school though, just not the students there. I guess that does actually make it annoying. So hey, maybe I don't like school, who knows. I like the learning part. I've started taking college classes this year, my junior year.

   A little bit about me. My name is Jamie Lake, no middle name. I go to Northeastern Virginia High School. I'm 16 years old, my birthday is October 12. I just turned 16 three weeks ago, and I love it. I have a drivers license but I don't have a car. I'm an only child and I live with my parents in Virginia, but I was born in Doncaster. It's some place in England.

   My parents chose to go to Doncaster as a trip before they became parents. My mom was 6 months pregnant. I came three whole months early and my parents weren't prepared. It's a miracle I survived.

   My best friend's name is Lexi. I've known her since I was just a baby. She wants to be a stylist and is taking concurrent classes for it. She is 4 months older than me, so she's usually my ride EVERYWHERE. But you know, she has a boyfriend and they went out today. This being said, I'm walking home. She offered to take me home before their date, but I would just feel bad if I accepted. Besides, it's not that far.

  I looked up to see I was entering my neighborhood. I suddenly smelt smoke. I looked up startled as Fire Engines went to my house, which was in flames. I don't know what came over me, but I ran. Not away from the house, but into it.

"MOM! DAD!" I screamed while searching for them. They weren't inside on the bottom floor, so I'm assuming they are upstairs. I looked out on the patio and I saw our gasoline tank underneath the grill. The fire was creeping towards it.

'Im sorry mom and dad,' I thought as I tried to run out of the house. Suddenly, I heard a blast and was blown off my feet as people rushed to me. The fire engines were hosing down the house, trying to put it out as the paramedics fussed over me. Then it all went black.

********************************************************************************************************

Hey guys! So this is my first Fanfiction! Im not going to do author notes every chapter until the story takes off! I hope you enjoy it!