The Story of it All

-Edited-

"Hi Jamie, I'm Johannah. And these are my daughters, Daisy and Pheobe." She smiled at me, as did her daughters. They looked like twins. They both had beautiful blonde hair hanging off their shoulders. They both looked around eight or nine, pretty young.

"HI!" They smiled brightly. I just stared in shock, trying to process what they were telling me. How is this lady my mother?

"Umm?" Was all that seemed to come out of my mouth.

"Sweetie, I understand this is hard to understand. If you give me a few minutes, I can explain it all to you, okay?" Johannah said, smiling at me sadly. I slowly nodded my head.

"Okay. Well when I was pregnant with you, you came on your exact due date. I was expecting it, it all went smoothly. What we didn't expect was for you to get mixed up with another child. A family from America was in Doncaster on a trip when the lady went into labor. She had a daughter as well. The hospital got you two mixed up. The family was the Lakes." She stopped and let this sink in to me, then continued. "The Lakes baby was three months early, and it died just hours after being born."

"And you thought your daughter died." My sentence came out as barely more than a whisper.

"Yes. I was devastated. After we thought we lost you, my husband's and i's marriage fell apart. We had already had one child, his name is Louis. Spelled like Lewis," she chuckled as she said this. I wondered what Louis was like, my brother. "After we got a divorce I kept Louis. Then I got remarried. I had four other girls. Lottie, Fizzy, Daisy and Pheobe. They're your half sisters I suppose, because you have different dads."

I looked at her slowly. "My dad?"

She sighed, "I haven't seen your father in a long time. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw him. I think it was two years ago when Louis left." Tears sprang to her eyes as she talked about her son.

"Where did he go?" My voice was still raspy as I looked at my mother sadly.

"The X-Factor, have you heard of it?" I nodded. I knew it was some sort of singing show, but I had never been interested.

"Well yeah, he auditioned. Made it a good way too, before he was eliminated. Before he left the judges called 5 boys forward, your brother being one of them. They made a band called One Direction. I'm sure you've heard of them?" She looked up at me, looking like she expected me to freak out.

"Umm, no?" I shook my head.

"Well, we'll have to change that, now won't we?" A new voice came from the doorway, a boy who had my brown hair and bluish-green eyes. Two other girls stood behind him, grinning widely.

"LOUIS!" Daisy and Pheobe ran to him. My mom looked like she was going to cry.

"Jamie, meet your brother, Louis."