Auditions

"Jamie! Hurry! We can't be late to this!" El pulls on my hand as we're standing I the line.

    So yep, it's the day. We got up at 6 this morning for this audition. I'm now standing in the line to get me sticker with the number thingy on it. I'm wearing, much to the girls protests, the Batman shirt I bought when we went shopping, ripped skinny jeans, black combat boots, and a baseball cap. My hair is up in a ponytail.

    We step up into the line and the man looks at me.

   "Name?"

    "Jamie Tomlinson."

  "Okay, Jamie. You'll be going on in two hours, what song are you singing?"

   "We The Kings, If You Like Me."

    "Alright, be ready." I nod and he hands me my sticker. My number was 46785. Wow, I feel like a piece of property, being labeled with a number. I suppose that if I get with a record company, they will treat me like property.

    We walked back stage and there was a LOT of people. Most were shaking, I guess I'm just not nervous. Perrie is holding my guitar and El is still holding my hand, no clue why though. We find a couch to sit on and Perrie hands me the guitar. I tune it and I start singing. I love this song so much.

   A few girls recognized Perrie, two recognized El. We pulled it off each time as me being one of their cousins. Niall was texting me, saying he wouldn't be able to call later, but that's okay. It lets me know my phone won't go off in the middle of the audition. I tell him I miss him and I love him. It feels so good to say that.

  ***********************************2 Hours later****************************

   I'm now standing to the side of the stage. I don't know what I'll do if they ask about my last name, I'll get to that later. I know it probably will happen, so I guess I should have something prepared.

   The girls hug me and wish me luck as a stage guy hands me an earpiece and a microphone. I thank him and take a deep breath.

   The man ushers me on stage.

   The first notes come out of the speaker. I'm glad I don't have to talk first thing, I can just pour my heart out into the song this way. I have my guitar in front of me and I put the microphone on the stand, getting ready. The music guy had taken the guitar part out so I could play.

   I look at the judges and start the song. Simon is looking at me with a surprising smile on his face.

*Simon's POV* (A/N: :-O)

   I look at the girl in front of me. She has long brown hair and she doesn't seem to care about what others really think about her, I can tell that by the fact that she has a gosh-dang baseball hat on with a Batman shirt. For some reason, she looks really familiar. Her eyes and hair maybe? Green-Blue eyes with dark brown hair?

   She starts singing and I realize that she is amazing immediately. I find myself captivated in her voice as she sings the song. SHe finishes strong, with a wide grin on her face.

   I stand up and start clapping as the other judges do too. She blushes and thanks us, waving. I sit down and pull my mic in front of me.

   "What's your name?"

   "My name is Jamie Tomlinson." Wait, what? I stare at her. Oh crap, she looks like Louis.

    "Do you happen to know Louis Tomlinson, Jamie?" I ask her. She takes a deep breath while looking at me.

    "Louis Tomlinson is my older brother."