Rude awakenings

-Edited-

Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep

I wake up to a bright light being shined in my eyes. I look around and see I am in a white  room. Machines are hooked up to me. I realize I'm in the hospital upon seeing all the equipment around me. An IV prevents me from moving my arm. I slowly turn my head to look at the doctor who is shining a light in my eyes. A lady with dark brown hair is behind him, asleep in a chair. Two little girls with golden hair sit on either side of her.

I turn to the doctor who smiles at me.

"Ah, Miss Jamie. I'm glad to see you're awake."

My voice comes out raspy as I try to reply to him. "What happened?"

"Ah, well a fire started at your home. For some reason you ran inside, probably to try to save Mr and Mrs Lake. However, this ended with the fire reaching a tank of gasoline and you were blown off your feet and went into a short coma. You've been here for a week now."

"My parents?"

"Ah, well Mr. and Mrs. Lake sadly didn't make it, but your parents are a different story." The doctor took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes, looking distressed.

Wait, what? I don't think i'm understanding what he's telling me. He said 'Mr and Mrs Lake didn't make it,' so what is this whole situation about my 'parents being a different story'?

"Jamie, meet Mrs. Deakin...you're mother."