Chapter 15

"Jason Todd?" Dick asked, still soaking it all in. "And you were the... Um... What again?"

"I used to be Robin. But when I died by the Joker, I became Red hood. Bruce brought me here to, I guess help you?" He says, his presence throwing Dick off slightly.

"Help me? With what?" Dick asks offensively.

"Dick you know what. You have been through a lot and you won't talk to anyone. So I asked Jason to council you. It was very difficult to convince him to do it so behave." Bruce intimidated, making Dick gasp at what was being said.

"Wha- I dont need a babysitter!" Dick shouted offensively.

"Do you think I want to babysit you? I owed Bruce a favor. That is the only reason I am even here. So shut up and suck it up." Jason demanded. Dick glared, not saying anything which made Jason sigh. "Now. I'm going to be glued to you, to figure out what is making you on edge. After that, you won't have to deal with me and I'll go back to doing my nightly duties as Red hood. Got it?" He asks.

Dick sighed defeatedly, but kept his glare pristinely on Jason. "Fine, but it won't be that easy to get into my brain." He says before slumping up towards the stairs. "Now if you'll excuse me, the church bells are still ringing and my head hurts. I'm going to bed." Dick climbed up the stairs and heard a low murmur from Jason.

"How can he climb up stairs in his condition?" Jason asked. Dick smirked and leaned down so that he looked at Jason's Aura.

"Smart beats brute. Sorry to break it to you Jas." He says. "Instead of running up the stairs and looking dumb, I decided to actually calculate them." He says and the proceeds out of ear shot.

Meanwhile Jason stood a little stunned and impressed. "He's a catch. You found him in a circus, yes?" Jason asks.

Bruce nods.

"Well that circus must have taught him something. I would have had a comeback to say but I was stopped dead. You know how embarrassing that is for me?" Jason asks, following Bruce as he turned around went to the bat computers.

He flipped on a camera and they both saw Dick walk into the room and physically deflate as he slid down the door and it looked like he was sobbing into his hands, but they couldn't be sure. Bruce sighed and looked at Jason.

"I know you hate babysitting and I know you would much rather die, but keep a close eye on him. Keep him out of his mind and make sure he isn't alone outside of the manor. Got it?" Bruce asks, his voice darkening.

Jason nodded. "I will." He says and they both went separate ways into the manor.

*the next day*

Dick went to the bathroom, the kitchen, his trapeze training, changing, and to the mountain all with the company of Jason Todd. He was serious about his word. Jason wasn't leaving him alone and Dick now knew it wasn't a bluff. Thankfully to him, the whole team was out for today. Dick didn't really talk to Jason, pretending he was a shadow.

That is until he starts to talk. "Considering your previous master, you good with guns?" Jason asks.

Dick tensed where he stood, but tried to play it off. "Not good, but I did use them." Dick says, his voice shaking.

"Want me to teach ya?" Jason offered. Dick gulped. He didn't want to and he was so not ready to go down memory lane.

"N-no. I'm okay. Really, I don't need any training." Dick says, bowing his head apologetically.

"If you don't want to its fine. We can do something else." Jason suggests, although he tried to sound interested, you could hear the boredom in it as well.

"How did you and Bruce meet?" Dick asks, sitting on one of the bar stools in the kitchen.

Jason smirked and walked over to sit on the opposite side of Dick. "Well, I was a horrible kid. I stole Bruce's tires from the batmobile. He wasn't happy about that and I was.. 14 at the time and well he took me in. I was with him for about two years until Joker killed me." Jason says, glaring at the name.

"How did he do it?" Dick asks.

"He beat me with a crowbar. I was with Bruce a year before you got capture, he was gonna tell you but never got the chance and when I died he said I was his second biggest failure." Jason explains.

"His second? Who was his first?" Dick asks.

Jason sighed and Dick could feel the mental battle in his Aura on whether or not to tell Dick. That made him a little uneasy. "His biggest failure was letting you slip through his fingers. He blames himself, Dick. He blames himself for calling off the search and for letting Deathstroke take you. Trust me, he was more strict on me. Even when I became a feared vigilante." Jason explains.

Dick was sitting there with his mouth agapped, not sure of how to process what was being said. Jason was with Bruce since before he was taken under the care of a crazy assassin. That is one thing Dick didn't expect to hear. Another thing was that Bruce named him his biggest failure. He failed to find Dick and Gave up on him. Is that why he is so worried about what is going on with him? Why he wants to know what happened to Dick?

"Since we are sharing, how was Deathstroke?" He asks.

Dick shot his head up to Jason's Aura and was wide eyed. "What?"

"You heard me. Tell me about your stay with Deathstroke." He explains.

Dick chuckles. "Sorry, but I don't share so easily. How can I trust you with it?" Dick asks, suddenly getting a tight pain in his chest.

"I trusted you with my story. Here's the deal. Whatever is said, stays in this room. I promise. I only want to help." Jason says.

Dick takes in a deep breath and sighs. "Fine, but only if you promise it will only stay between us."

"It will." Jason pushed.

"If not, and I find out, I will not be so kind to anyone and I will not hesitate to do something rash. I have very little trust, I wouldn't push it to none. Hear me?" Dick warned, glaring at the man.

Jason smirked. "That's the spirit. Now spill it."

Dick sighed. This was going to be a long day.

A/N: hey guys sorry for not updating! I've been very busy with credit recovery and family issues so bear with me guys!! I hope you like the chapter!