Chapter 17

"Nightwing! Stop this! It isn't you!" Wally shouted as he held the bullet wound on his side. Dick showed no emotion, although you could still see the old, streaks from the tears he shed.

"I told him the darkness would get the best of him. Its in him." Deathstroke says, tapping his shoulder.

"Let him go!" Artemis shouted, still trying to unhook the batarang from her shoulder.

"I don't have any hold on him, its all him." Deathstroke says, a smile growing on his mouth as he stepped forward, placing the barrel of the gun to Wally's head.

"He's correct, KF. You guys doubted me. You guys said I needed help. Oh how the tables have turned." Nightwing says, smiling as he cocked the gun back. Wally's eyes filled with tears, but his expression was anger.

"Dick, this isnt you." Wally says, desperately.

"Oh, but it is." A loud bang could be heard.

Dick's eyes shot open and he sat up in his bed, covered in sweat. He wondered what that loud bang was that startled him awake. He gripped his racing heart, thinking back at the nightmare. That's when it dawned on him what his nightmare was and his body violently shivered at the thought of it. He wondered what time it was, but sighed instead. Oh well, its not like he was gonna get back to bed. He tried to move, but his body was still frozen in shock over what happened. Thats when he felt his arm, feeling the lines that he had made. He reached over and fumbled with a broken piece of glass on his night stand.

He fumbled with it before choosing an empty spot on his arm, and sliced.

___________

Wally and the rest of the team peeked in the cave to see it was empty and quiet. Wally smirked and rushed into the place with bags in his hands. The rest of the team did as well and they started to plan and set everything up for tomorrow. They kept someone posted at the Zeta tubes, just in case and they started wrapping things and getting the food all marinated and ready for tomorrow's barbecue.

The Zeta tube went off when Jason entered, everyone looked up and Wally's smile widened. "Jason!" He shouted.

"Oh Goodie, the kiddie league is here." Jason said with irritation. He walked into the room and saw all the preparations.

"Oh you saw all this? Ya like? It's for Dick." He says.

Jason felt himself start to go back at what happened just a few hours ago and sighed. Maybe telling the league wasn't such a good idea. "You guys planning on surprising him?" Jason asks.

"Yup. He seems down so we want to show him that he still has support with him!" M'gaan says.

"He's gonna freak when he sees everything that's for him!" Wally shouted.

"Did you forget he's blind?" Jason asks, lifting a brow through his red mask.

They all stop and their shoulders hunch over. "Awe man! I forgot about that!" Wally shouts.

"Doesn't he have that power where he can see? Maybe M'gaan can help him!" Artemis suggests.

"Oh yeah! I also forgot about that too."

Jason was confused. He didn't know that Dick had powers. The only thing he was told is that Dick was blind and needed support and comfort and Bruce was too caught up in trying to track down Deathstroke to worry about Dick. That's all Jason knew and now he has figured out that Dick Grayson, the boy wonder, has powers?

"Dick has powers?" Jason asks, cutting off their conversation.

Wally nodded. "He said it was from the serum he was injected with. He didn't tell you?"

Jason glared at the ground. "No. He failed to mention that earlier." Jason says, his voice filling with angry hurt.

"What do you mean earlier?" Artemis asks, catching on to his statement.

Jason looked up and sighed. "He told me about his experience with Deathstroke, but I promised I wouldn't tell. If you are curious then let him explain to you." Jason says, before walking over to the couch and plopping down.

"How did a stranger like you get him to talk but he won't even tell us what is happening?" Kauldur asks, stepping forward with curiosity peaking his interest.

"I don't know. I told him mine and he told me his. Call it a share and take. If I were you though, I would keep an eye on him. He seems more broken on the inside than we think." Jason says, before sitting forward and sighing.

*****
Wayne Manor~ Midnight

Dick couldn't sleep anymore. He didn't know how long he was lying in the tub until he finally started moving, feeling the tense muscles from bot moving very much. He just felt so sore at the moment and just sitting in the tub with no water, just pajama bottoms on was starting to make him develop a cold. He could feel the symptoms but didn't want to move. He sighed and crawled out, feeling over the brand new bumps he did on his wrist.
He grabbed a cloth after fully getting out of the tube and wiped the blood off with a wet cloth. He threw that in what he remembered was the trash and stumbled into the room, taking off his pants and throwing it somewhere in his room, hearing a satisfying thud. He stumbled to the drawer and started searching, grabbing for something that felt like pajama bottoms and felt for the tag as he threw it on. After that, he stumbled into bed, ignoring his raging headache and the fact that he wasnt wearing anything that blocked the cuts on his wrist. He just didn't care at this point. He felt sick and was done with the world right now.

Rolling over, the only thought in his head being: "would anyone really miss me?"

A/N: Hey guys I'm sorreh for the late update >~< I've been busy with credit recovery and graduation stuff! I'm surreh, again!!! I love you guys though! *hides from the raging mob*