Chapter 36

A/N: Damn Guys, I have been writing this book for 9 months! You know how crazy that is? It came to me because it is snowing here and I was like... hmmm, how long has it been since chapter 1 of this book, and it blew my mind! You guys are truly great, sticking with this book, through the bad and good times of my life! I love you guys! Never change Batlings! <3 Also, I reached 400 subs!!!! Thanks to you guys!!!!(sorry for a short chapter ;^; forgive me?)

  *laboratory sector 3*

  The hallways were silent, except for one pair of footsteps that stode through the darkness of the halls. They were heavy, but filled with pride at the strode past closed doors, coming up to a room that held a cellar. Opening the door, Deathstroke entered the room his his hands folding in front of him. The person in the cage glared up at him as he stood there, examining the girl like a patient.

  "Come to punish me some more, Master?" She hissed, sending venom his way as she stood up in the cage.

  Deathstroke merely chuckled. "I'd catch that tongue of yours, Kayla, if you want to keep it."

  Kayla just stayed stone faced with a permanent glare plastered on her face. Her lips were now set in a straight line as she watched Deathstroke make a small circle around the cage, examining her. He finally stopped and pointed at Kayla, as he came to the conclusion.

  "I have a job for you, Kayla." He explained.

  "I told you I don't want to do any jobs." She said.

  "You dont have a choice in the matter, Ms. Haze." He declared rather loudly, causing her to flinch.

  "Last time you sent me on a mission, I failed. Grayson got away from my grasp, I couldn't help it." She reminded him.

  Deathstroke smirked, slowly walking up to the cage, causing her to stumble a few feet back. "Got away? Or was let go?"

  Kayla gulped, knowing he must have seen it. "You knew?" She asks.

  "I know everything. Jamming the audio doesn't jam the video. You knocked him out, but then left him. Tell me, does that sound like someone escaping?" He asked, watching her expression turn to a fearful one. He chuckled as he turned his back to the cage. "No matter, we can put that behind us, if you do this job for me."

  She gulped. "Will you let my baby brother go if I do this job you need?" She asks.

  Deathstroke turned back to the cage, his eyes never leaving her emerald ones. "If you do this job, I will be sure to let little Kyle go." He explained.

  She nodded. "Then what is the job?"

  "I need you to find Dick Grayson, and get him to trust you. Make up any sob story you want, but I need you to get him away from Jason and the red archer. I will send you coordinates once you manage his trust and get him away from his little protectors. Once hes in my grasp, you and your brother will walk free once again. You have my word." He said, watching her expressions change.

  "You want me to take someone, who is already broken and hurting, to trust me and confide in me, just to break him once more?" She asked. He nodded. "You are a sick fuck!"

  He just grinned and pulled out his knife, pointing it at her as she backed up from the bars. "Do you want to save someone you met only a few times while he was in captivity, or your little brother?" He asked.

  She grunted in frustration and slammed her fist into the cage, but then released a sad breath and slumped defeatedly to her knees. "When do I start this mission?" She asked in a hushed tone.

  "Ata girl! I will get someone to hook you up." He bent down so that he was eye level to her. "Glad to have you on our side, Ms. Haze." He pulled back, his laughter sending chills down her spine as he started leaving the room. "Don't let me down, for your brothers sake." He shouted over his shoulder before exiting through the door, leaving Kayla to wallow in guilt.