Chapter Five - Quidditch

The weather had taken a turn for the worst as the Quidditch season arrived. By November it was icy cold and every morning the ground was covered in frost. Hagrid was on the pitch making sure everything was ready for the match the next day. It was a Saturday, Harry's first ever Quidditch match after only weeks of training. It would be a hard first match, Gryffindor vs. Slytherin. If Gryffindor won they would be second in the House Championship.

Hardly anyone had seen the team play; Wood had wanted to keep Harry a secret. But no secret was kept a secret at Hogwarts; everyone knew Harry was the new seeker.

Eliza had been kept busy, Quidditch practises were nearly every day – Oliver was working the entire team hard – and lots of homework was given out by the teachers. There were also a lot of pranks; all due to the twins and occasionally Eliza, Katie had run in with bright green coloured hair one morning. She had been furious, and to make matters worse or funnier, the twins had put a jinx on it which meant she couldn't wash it out till the next day. Another day, Eliza had gone into her Defence against the Dark Arts classroom to find that it had been turned upside down. Professor Quirrell didn't know what to do; he had wandered around stuttering constantly. Eliza had almost felt sorry for the man, almost. During one of their Quidditch Practises the team waited for their captain, he had never ran late before, it wasn't until he ran on with a bright red face and it was as though steam was coming out of his ears. He was wearing his normal clothes and there was no broom in sight. "Where is my broom?" The whole team was trying their hardest not to laugh. "Fred and George Weasley what have you done with my Quidditch things? Tell me where they are, right this instance!"

The twins had doubled over with laughter. "We don't know what you're talking about!"

This had made Oliver even angrier. "You do know! We're losing valuable time because of you! If we lose it's your entire fault!" Everyone knew he was only saying this for his love of Quidditch.

Eliza had walked over to her two best friends, trying her hardest not to laugh. "You should probably give him his things back. We need to practise." The two boys nodded and went off to retrieve Oliver's precious Quidditch belongings.

Eliza also spent a lot of time in the library; Hermione would be in there with her too, she had become a sister figure to the young girl.

The Common Room was noisy that evening. Eliza sat in between the twins on a sofa by the fire. "How excited are you for tomorrow?" Fred asked them

"Very. I'm quite nervous as well though." Eliza told them truthfully.

"I wonder what Harry will be like?" George asked them

"He's been good during practise but we'll just have to wait and see."

"Fingers crossed!" Fred said to which they all agreed to.

She looked around the room and saw Angelina, Alicia and Katie. The first two smiled at her while the latter glared at her. Eliza rolled her eyes and carried on looking around the room. She then saw Hermione, Harry and Ron in the corner; Hermione was checking their homework which bought a smile to Eliza's lips. "I'm going to bed." She told the twins. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Night Za." Fred said to her sleepily.

George smiled at her. "Sleep well Elz."

She began to make her way to the stairs when someone shouted her name. She turned to see Oliver making his way towards her. "Are you going to bed?" He asked her.

"Yeah, need sleep ready for tomorrow."

He smiled at her. "Yeah I'm going up soon. I just wanted to say you'll be great."