Chapter Ninety-Eight - Love Lives

"The posts arrived!" Fred yelled up the stairs to Eliza and George, "There's a letter for you Za."

"I'll come and get it in a bit." She shouted back down, "So, have you spoken to that girl from the village recently?"

George shook his head, "I don't think it would work out. You know, with all the magic things. She would not like all of it and what would happen if we broke up?"

"Obliviate." Eliza whispered causing George to laugh, "But if that's how you feel then that's okay."

"So, what about Terence Higgs?" He said before eating his slice of toast, "Previous Seeker to the Slytherin Team and now Seeker of the Ballycastle Bats."

Rolling her eyes, she replied with, "What about him?"

"What about him?" George mimicked her, "Come on Elz, spill the beans!"

"There's nothing to say, we're teammates and friends." 

"Just friends?" 

Eliza sighed, "Just friends."

"Even if he is a bad Slytherin, I don't care, as long as you're happy. That's all that matters."

From on the shop floor they heard the door opened with a dinging noise and they heard Fred say in a cheerful tone, "Good Morning Verity, you look rather dashing today. How was your evening? Did you sleep well?"

Sharing a look, Eliza and George began to snicker, "He likes her so much!" George said to her in a hushed tone, "But he refuses to tell me anything. I swear the two of them like each other."

"Does she like him?" 

Nodding his head, "Of course, of course." He smiled at Eliza, "You know, maybe you could talk to her about it!"

"No! Do not get me involved in their love life!"

"Eliza!" George said, "You could be helping Fred get the girl he likes!" 

"Let the two of them sort it out themselves."

George smiled at her before going to walk out of the room, "Don't worry, we will set you and Terence up!" 

"I hate you." Eliza screamed at him. 

"But you like Terence!"

Sighing to herself, she made her way downstairs too, "Morning Verity, how are you?"

"I'm good thank you Eliza." Verity smiled, "How are you?"

She smiled back, "I'm very good thank you."

Fred danced her letter in front of her, "For a Miss Eliza Dawlish. It is from Hogwarts. Will it be Harry? With more news?"

"Could be Hermione or Ginny as well though." Scanning over the envelope, "Looks like Ginny's." She then started to read through the contents.

"How is she?" Fred asked her, "Enjoying another year at Hogwarts."

"Apparently, Snape is still being horrible even though he's finally got the job he's always wanted. Slughorn's a great Potions teacher even though he has favourites - Harry being one of them. Oh, and talking about Harry - the two have finally admitted their feelings towards each other and are going out." She then went over to look through the window, "It's rather quiet out there, isn't it?"

The twins mouths opened, "What?" They walked quickly over to her, "Tell us more."

"There's nothing more for you two to know. Ginny's liked Harry for years, back when she was super young and it has been clear that he's liked her for a while to. It's taken too long really. They really do like each other!"

"He better look after her!" They said, a warning in their tone, "If he hurts her-"

"I'll stop you there, he won't hurt her!" Eliza replied.

"But if he does, we'll hex him into oblivion!" They then looked behind her, "Talking about hurting a boy if they hurt someone we love."

Eliza looked over her shoulder to see Terence walked up Diagon Alley, "I'm not here." Darting, out of the room she fled into the stock room. 

"What are we supposed to say to him?" Fred asked her, "Oh, I'm sorry, she's just this second gone out. Where? We have no idea."

Verity hit him before following her into the stock room, "You should go out there."

"Why? We're just teammates." Eliza shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing more."

"You like him?" Verity asked while grinning.

"You like Fred!"

"What? No, I don't! What? How? What? How did you know that?"

Laughing, she replied with, "It's very obvious!"

"What's stopping you from going after him? He clearly does like you!" Verity told her.

She sighed, "My heart, someone else has it." She shook her head, "I know it sounds so stupid but Oliver. I still love him but then Terence." She sighed once again, "I like him, I really do. But I don't know if I can fall for someone else right now."

"Don't be so afraid of the unknown. Just take it slowly and see where it goes."

The door dinged and they heard Fred and George happily say, "Good Morning, how can we help you?"

"Hi, I'm Terence. I'm friends with Eliza, I was wondering if she was here?"

"Um..."

Standing up and smiling at Verity, she pulled the curtain back, "Yeah, I'm here."

The twins and Terence all stared at her, "Hi."

"Hi."