Chapter Eighteen - Dinner and the heir

"We should get going to dinner!" Fred told Eliza and George. "I'm so hungry."

"Let's go." George shouted excitedly.

The three walked down to the hall. "Has Oliver spoken to you?" Eliza asked them.

The twins nodded. "He was a bit angry about the Quidditch Practice."

"I still can't believe they let Malfoy join the team!"

"They wanted the new brooms!" Eliza told them. "I wish we had them."

Oliver ran up the three. "I've rescheduled practice!"

"It's not another early get-up, is it?" Fred asked him.

"If we want to win then we must put in the effort!" Oliver told the group.

Katie walked past the group and smiled at Oliver. "How is everything between you two?" George asked curiously.

Oliver let out a heavy sigh. "She won't leave me alone! Whenever I'm with my friends she comes over and tries to talk to me."

The twins pretended to sob. "I th-thought we were your friends!"

Giving them a strange look, Oliver said "I ..." He hesitated. "You are but I mean my friends in my year."

"What are their names?" Eliza asked him. "We've never asked and still don't know."

"You don't care enough to know." He sighed. "I'll see you at Practice." He walked ahead of them.

Eliza and the twins shared a look. "Oliver! Aren't you going to sit with us?"

He briefly glanced back at them. "I'm going to sit with my friends today."

"I don't think he wants to be our friend anymore." Fred said with a hint of sadness.

"What have we done to him?" George asked. "I don't think we did anything, maybe our teasing got too much for him or -"

Eliza cut him off, "I don't think you've done anything, it's probably more likely to be me."

"No, no, Eliza, don't blame yourself." The twins quickly told her.

"I'm not, it's just ever since Ced and I got together he's been really distant."

"It's probably just Quidditch getting to him, nothing to do with you!" Fred said completely ignoring her comment.

"Definitely Elz!" George said trying to make her feel better.

"Fine, fine, whatever you say!" Eliza dismissed them. "Let's just eat."

The three sat down opposite Maisie, Hermione and Ron. "Evening." Fred said to them.

"I'm ready to kill her." Maisie said.

Eliza stared at her. "Who? Kill who?"

"Katie Bell." Maisie let out a heavy sigh. "She's a witch."

"What? Oh my, a student going to Hogwarts is a witch! Well I never." Eliza said while gasping dramatically.

"Shut up!" Maisie glared at her. "You know what I mean, I would say it but there are children around." She signaled to Ron and Hermione.

"What has she done?" Eliza asked her as she put food onto her plate.

"I overheard her talking about you." Maisie turned to glare at the girl who was laughing loudly. "Apparently she's close to taking your spot."

Eliza, fed up of all the drama, stood up and walked over to Oliver and his friends. "Oliver!" She tapped his shoulder.

"Not now, Eliza." He waved her away.