Chapter Eighty-Eight - Verity

"ELIZAAAAAAAAAAA!" Fred screamed from the shop floor, "Come and look at our newest display!"

Shaking her head, Eliza apparated down, "Where is it?" Suddenly, a hand covered her eyes up, "George, what are you doing that for?"

"How do you know it's me?"

"I've known you since we were eleven! Of course I know it's you!" Eliza replied, "Now, why are you covering my eyes?"

"So you can't see our display until we want you to see it!"

He carefully pushed her forward, "Mind the step!" Fred shouted to his close friend, "George, you're supposed to be helping her not killing her."

"She's fine, she's fine!" George whispered to him, "Don't worry, our dear Elz will live to to win another game."

She felt Fred place his hands on her shoulders, "Okay, three, two, one." George's hands fell from her face, "What do you think?"

In front of her was an explosion of pink, "Wow, it's very bright." The twins both stared at her, "I'm sure the young students of Hogwarts will love it!"

"You don't like it, do you?"

Eliza grimaced, "It's not to my taste."

The twins continued to look at her, "Just say it."

"It's a bit busy, there's too many things out." Eliza explained to them, "The girls won't know what's hit them and they'll be overcome with it all. Sometimes it's best to put a couple of things out and then say you've got some new things coming soon. So anticipation builds up and they get really excited for it!"

They grinned at her, "I told you Fred." George told his brother, "I do love Elz."

"Okay, okay." Fred put his hands in the air, "I shall admit defeat on that one. Za, which ones should go away?"

She carefully looked over the display and picked a couple from the back, "These - you could hardly seem then anyway."

George took them off her and went into the back room, "Anything else?"

Eliza shook her head and began to quickly rearrange the inventions, "There, perfect." She stepped back so she was in between the two, "Is there anything else you need help with?"

"We need to restock the shelves." They all over to the nearly empty shelves, "We're expecting another busy day."

"It's been a busy day every day so far!" Eliza replied as the three began to fill the shelves up quickly, "You two are going to be bored when the schools go back."

"Of course we're not," Fred told her, "We have lots of inventions and schemes coming up."

"Of course you do."

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, "Oh it's Verity," Fred said as he looked over, "I'll get it."

As he hurried over to open the door, Eliza and George turned to each other, "Did he tell you anything?"

"Not a thing!" George replied, "He did get all flustered though when I asked about her."

The two looked over to see Fred helping Verity with her coat, "It's obvious how much he likes her."

"Does she like him though?" George asked her and the two shared a glance before Fred rejoined them.

"What?" He said as the two stared at him.

"Nothing, nothing." They both said together.

Fred shook his head, "You two are up to something!"

"Us?" They shook their heads too, "Up to something? Never."