Chapter One Hundred and Two - The Delacours

The shock of losing Mad-Eye Moody hung over the house for days after. Eliza didn't like talking about it all, it was very horrible to think about. The strongest and the leader of them had died. And none of them knew how to react.

Everyone was quiet as they ate dinner, Eliza savoured every bite of the chicken, she knew that with the way things were going things would worsen and they would be forced to go into hiding. "No news about Mad-Eye?" Harry asked, his voice piercing through the silence.

"Nothing." Bill answered him.

Even though Bill and Remus had searched thoroughly for Moody's body, they failed to find it. It wasn't an easy job to know where it was due to the fact they had flown for a long time and at the time they were too busy fighting to look where it had fallen.

"The Daily Prophet hasn't said a word about him dying or about finding the body," Bill added. "But that doesn't mean much. It's keeping a lot quiet these days."

"And they still haven't called a hearing about all the underage magic I used escaping the Death Eaters?" Harry asked Mr Weasley, who shook his head. "Because they know I had no choice or because they don't want me to tell the world Voldemort attacked me?"

"The latter, I think. Scrimgeour doesn't want to admit that You-Know-Who is as powerful as he is, nor that Azkaban's seen a mass breakout."

"Yeah, why tell the public the truth?"

"Isn't anyone at the Ministry prepared to stand up to him?" Ron angrily asked the adults at the table.

"Of course, Ron, but people are terrified," Mr. Weasley replied, "Terrified that they will be next to disappear, their children the next to be attacked! There are nasty rumors going around; I for one don't believe the Muggle Studies professor at Hogwarts resigned. She hasn't been seen for weeks now. Meanwhile Scrimgeour remains shut up in his office all day; I just hope he's working on a plan."

The conversation stopped for a moment as Mrs Weasley magicked the plates away and an apple pie appeared.

"We must decide 'ow you will be disguised, 'Arry," Fleur said to him, "For ze wedding. Of course, none of our guests are Death Eaters, but we cannot guarantee zat zey will not let something slip after zey 'ave 'ad champagne."

"Yes, good point," Mrs Weasley said as she looked at her list she had made in preparation for the occasion, "Now, Ron, have you cleaned out your room yet?"

"Why?" Ron shouted as he glared at his mother, "Why does my room have to be cleaned out? Harry and I are fine with it the way it is!"

"We are holding your brother's wedding here in a few days' time, young man!"

"And are they getting married in my bedroom?" asked Ron furiously. "No! So why in the name of Merlin's saggy left -"

"Don't talk to your mother like that," Mr Weasley told him sternly. "And do as you're told."

"I can help, some of it's my mess." Harry told Ron.

"No, Harry, dear, I'd much rather you helped Arthur much out the chickens, and Hermione, I'd be ever so grateful if you'd change the sheets for Monsieur and Madame Delacour; you know they're arriving at eleven tomorrow morning."

Fred, George and Eliza made their way upstairs into the twin's room, "I don't think I'll be able to cope with more of Fleur's." George complained.

"It's alright for you, you can just complain your head is hurting and come up here. Eliza and I are stuck down there with them." Fred retorted.

"Alright, alright. Sorry for having my ear blown off." George told him sarcastically.

Eliza began to chuckle, "I think Georgie wins there Fredster!"

Fred and George both looked at her, "Georgie?" "Fredster?"

"What? I think they're lovely names."

"Okay Ezter." Fred said while grinning at her, "Or Ezzie."

The Delacours arrived the next morning at precisely eleven o'clock. Eliza walked down the stairs and looked over at the house and garden, "I have never seen it this tidy!" Fred whispered to Eliza.

"I know right, your mother has gone all out." Eliza replied, "She really does want to impress the family!"

Due to the many enchantments over the Burrow, the Delacours had to arrived by Portkey at the top of the hill. Mr Weasley had gone over to meet them and bring them back to the house. Laughter was heard as Mr Weasley and the Mr and Mrs Delacour came into sight.

"Mama!" Fleur cried as she rushed forward to hug her, "Papa!"

"You 'ave been so much trouble," he said in a deep voice to his daughter. "Fleur tells us you 'ave been working very 'ard."

"Oh, it's been nothing, nothing!" Mrs. Weasley replied happily. "No trouble at all!"

"Dear lady!" Mr Delacour held one of Mrs Weasley's hand in between the two of his, "We are most honored at the approaching union of our two families! Let me present my wife, Apolline."

"They make me want to be sick." Fred told Eliza in a hushed tone, "Honestly, why do they have to so over top?"

Eliza sniggered, "Shush, they are just very happy to see their daughter and meet the new family."

"They better not go anywhere near me!" Fred said as he glared at the family.

"And, of course, you 'ave met my leetle daughter, Gabrielle!" Gabrielle was the spitting image of Fleur; she was eleven years old, with waist-length silvery blonde hair. She looked at Harry flirtatiously causing Ginny to clear her throat.

"Well, come in, do!" Fred and Eliza rolled their eyes as the Delacours followed her, talking loudly.

"I'm going to end up being jealous of George. I never thought I would say that. At least he can just sit to one side and not hear anything they have to say."

"To be honest, I don't think I'd want to have a missing ear." Eliza nudged his shoulder with her own, "Shall we just go and talk to George. Say he's feeling lonely."

Fred smiled at her, "I think you are a very clever person Eliza."

"It is just common sense Fredster."

"But you are also a very crazy person."

"There is no way I'm crazy!" Eliza tried to defend herself. "You can't say anything!"

"Oh shut up." Fred said but he grinned cheekily.