Chapter Twenty-Nine - The Leaky Cauldron

Eliza stared at her father as he walked over to where she stood with all her belongings, "Come along," He said to her, "You must leave now!"

"Why?" Eliza raised an eyebrow, "I thought it was only the Malfoy's that were coming over."

"Them and every other highly respected family!" He told her quickly. "You are not allowed to be here now."

"How come?"

"Because you are a Gryffindor." Her father said. "Now, where do you plan on going?"

She thought for a moment, she couldn't go to the Burrow as the Weasley's were away on family, she couldn't go to the Wood's house as Oliver still wasn't talking to her, Angelina and Alicia were both away on holiday too and Maisie hadn't responded to any of the letters Eliza had sent, she didn't want to turn up at the Diggory's unannounced so she finally told her father, "I'll go to the Leaky Cauldron."

"Right." Her father grabbed her hand and they apparated to outside the Leaky Cauldron, "I'll see you next summer." And then he disappeared.

With a sigh Eliza walked into the Leaky Cauldron, Tom was cleaning one of the tables and turned to smile at her, "Miss Dawlish! Great to see you again, you're things are already in your room."

"Thank you, Tom." Eliza said as she made her way upstairs to her room, she had stayed at the Leaky Cauldron many times before so felt quite at home in the place. 

After unpacking some of her belongings she decided to go on a walk around the place, a couple of minutes later she caught sight of a young brunette boy,"Harry!" Eliza shouted happily. "Harry Potter."

He turned to her and smiled, "Eliza! What are you doing here?"

"My parents threw me out." Eliza told him, "What about you? Why are you here?"

"My Aunt and Uncle threw me out." 

Smiling sadly at him Eliza replied, "You'll enjoy yourself here more than with them."

"When did you get here?"

"Earlier on today, what have you been up to?" Eliza asked, becoming interested in the books underneath his arm.

"I've been shopping for school books." Harry told her, "I need to finish some homework actually."

"What's the homework for?" Eliza asked him.

"Transfiguration." 

"Do you need any help with it?" 

"Yes please." And then the two went into one of the private parlours where they began to work on his homework.

Mr Weasley sat down beside Eliza reading the Daily Prophet, taking a sip of her ginger beer she asked him, "Have you heard about Sirius Black escaping?"

Arthur Weasley looked up at her, "Yes, terrible, terrible news." He looked at the photo of the man, "He'll be caught soon enough though." 

Eliza stared at the image and wondered what her aunt had ever seen in him, hatred began to fill her up as she remembered being told he had betrayed Evelyn. If it wasn't for him than she would still be alive and so would Lily and James Potter.

Hearing Mr Weasley talk, she looked up to see Harry, Ron and Hermione stood in front of them, "Hermione! How are you?" 

The young girl smiled at her and the two began to talk about all the lessons Hermione was going to take, "It shall be fun of course!"

"Yes, you'll be very tired out though." Eliza then thought for a moment. "Are you going to be given a time turner? So that you can get to all the different lessons, as some are on at the same time."