Chapter Ninety-Three - Cursed

The concerned expression that was etched onto Angelina and Alicia's faces, filled Eliza up with anxiety, "What's wrong? What's happened?"

"You should sit down."

Shaking her head, she asked again, "What's happened?"

"Katie, well Katie..." Alicia trailed off.

"She isn't dead, is she?" Eliza felt the colour leave her face as she placed her hand on the counter to stop herself from falling over.

"No, no." Angelina quickly moved forward, "Of course not, she's not dead."

Eliza nodded her head, "Right, what's wrong with her then?"

"She's been cursed."

"What do you mean?"

Alicia hesitated, trying to think about the best thing to say, "She's in this sleep-like state and they can't seem to wake her up. She isn't dead though."

"Where is she?"

"At St Mungos."

Staring at the two, she asked, "How did it happen?"

"Apparently, she was on her way back to Hogwarts from Hogsmeade. That's all we know."

"Shall we go and visit her?" Angelina asked the two who quickly nodded. "Come on then."

The three apparated into the hospital and asked for Katie Bell at the reception where they then went up to the floor she was situated in, "Only two people are allowed in the room at a time."

"Go on," Eliza said to her two friends, "You go ahead."

"Are you sure?"

She nodded her head, "Yeah."

From the corner of her eye she saw Tonks stood, leaning against the wall. "Are you okay?"

"It doesn't seem real, cursed." She sighed, "What's gone on?"

Tonks checked the corridor so no one would overhear what she was about to say, "She was given this parcel in the toilets of the Three Broomsticks Inn and apparently she was told to take to straight back to Dumbledore. That was what she was doing, going back to Hogwarts when she must have touched what was in the parcel."

"Are you saying it was supposed to be Dumbledore being cursed?"

Tonks nodded her head, "That's what it is leading up to. Luckily, Harry, Hermione and Ron witnessed the whole thing and Hagrid was there to carry her back up to the castle."

"Do they know what really went on?"

"Yeah, they had to know."

Eliza shook her head, "Do you know who cursed her?"

"No, no one saw anyone go in or out of the bathroom looking suspicious. The only person who will know is Katie, and well, she cannot tell us at the moment."

Angelina and Alicia walked out of the room and nodded their heads at the two, "Do you want to come in with me?"

"Yeah, sure." Tonks said and the two entered her room and stared at the frozen girl.

Her body was limp and it appeared as though she was sleeping and her skin was the palest Eliza had ever witnessed. "How could this happen to her?"

"It was supposed to happen to her yet it did."

"It was supposed to be Dumbledore." Eliza told her, "That means a Voldemort supporter is either at Hogsmeade or goes to Hogwarts."

"Do you have any ideas who? Because I can't think of anyone."

"There's a lot of Slytherins' who could be. Draco Malfoy is probably the most likely considering his family is very close to you-know-who."

Tonks nodded her head, "Dumbledore doesn't think he is a threat."

Eliza stared at her flabbergasted, "Draco Malfoy not a threat! He-who-must-not-be-named would be crazy not to use the boy in some plan of his!"

"We have to trust Dumbledore." Tonks said but it was clear the two were agreeing with each other.