Chapter Forty-One - Quidditch Final

It was the night before the Quidditch Final and Eliza sat trying to stay calm in the common room. The twins beside her were being even more loud than usual, they were both dealing with the pressure in their own ways. Oliver was crouched over a model of the Quidditch Pitch, moving little figures with his wand while constantly whispering to himself. Angelina, Alicia and Katie were busy laughing at the twins jokes while Harry was sat with Hermione and Ron looking very nervous about the upcoming game. 

Becoming bored of the twins jokes - she had already heard them a thousand times - she went over to Oliver and watched as he moved the players around the pitch, "Relax Ollie."

"I need to make sure everything's perfect." He replied without lifting his head up.

"By moving some little figures around a model! I don't think that's going to help anyone." Eliza said, "Come and sit down and relax."

"This helps me relax." Oliver stared at her, "We have to win Eliza."

Letting out a sigh, she crouched over the model beside Oliver, "Come on then, show me your tactics. I'll move the chasers, considering I understand that position more."

"Ha, ha, ha." He laughed sarcastically, "Pretend it's the actual game and you're playing."

"And what I want everyone around me to do!" Eliza finished off for him. 

For the rest of the night the two huddled around the model as they worked out new tactics together, unbeknownst to them that the rest of their teammates were watching from afar smiling as they got along again. It was as though things were beginning to sort themselves out.

"Team! Bed!" Oliver shouted to the team before turning to Eliza, "I'll see you in the morning, sleep well Ellie."

"Things are right in the world once more!" Angelina shouted as they walked up the stairs, "Oliver is in love with Eliza again and of course favours her above everyone else."

Eliza rolled her eyes, "We're friends again."

"But somethings different this time." Katie continued on from Angelina, "Eliza's in love with Oliver."

"I'm just going to say one name, Cedric." Eliza stuck her tongue out at her friends, "Katie, are you going to bed now?"

"Yeah, need lots of energy to watch you guys play."

"Go get your pajamas and sleep in our spare bed." Eliza shouted at her.

The next day, in the morning, when the Gryffindor team walked into the Great Hall they were met with large applause, even the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables were clapping for them - of course the Slytherin's hissed as they went past. Rolling her eyes, Eliza sat down at the Gryffindor table in between Fred and Harry while opposite Oliver. "Remember to eat everyone!" Oliver kept reminding his team, "You all need your energy for the game."

Eliza looked up from her plate to see Oliver sat eating nothing. "Ollie, aren't you-"

He stood up and looked at the team, "I'm going to go and check the conditions of the pitch." Before rushing out of the hall.

"He's nervous, isn't he?" Fred asked.

"Very nervous, we all are but for him this is one of the last times he has to win it."

As the Gryffindor team exited the room, everyone began to applaud them again, Cedric shouted to her "Good luck El! You'll do great." 

When they arrived at the pitch, Oliver was pacing around the field. "Okay, no wind to speak of, sun's a bit bright, that could impair your vision, watch out for it, ground's fairly hard, good, that'll give us a fast kickoff." After what seemed like an eternity the front doors of the castle opened and the rest of the school began walking over to the stands.  "Locker rooms." Oliver told them.