Chapter Ninety - Ballycastle Bats Vs. Puddlemere United

"Puddlemere are a strong team but we're stronger." Fin told the team as he looked around, "We can do it. You three are going to keep in your formation and will be perfect," He said to the three chasers, "Higgs don't get distracted - keep yourself to yourself." Terence nodded his head, "And Roberts, you are currently on form and shall continue to do so."

The team nodded and finished getting ready for the match that was nearing, "If we stick in our arrow formation then they won't be able to break our attack down. It will be perfect." Aileen whispered to Eliza and John, "El, you'll fly in front with us two behind us!"

"It's time." Fin said bluntly causing the team to stand up with their brooms.

"Good luck Dawlish," Terence whispered to her.

"Good luck Higgs."

He grinned at her, "You'll be brilliant."

"As will you."

The crowd cheered loudly as they made their way onto the pitch, "And here are the Ballycastle Bats, their captain Quigley, followed by Roberts, Dawlish, Murphy, Wells, Higgs and O'Donnell." The commentator shouted out to the audience.

The Captains shook hands and then the teams rose into the air and waited for the whistle to be blown, "And the game begins, Dawlish of Ballycastle Bats has the Quaffle, she passes to Murphy who quickly passed to Wells, he passes back to Dawlish who aims at the goal and she - she scores!"

Eliza saw that the Puddlemere Chaser had the Quaffle so she flew quickly towards them and waited for Fin to hit a Bludger at him before she effortlessly caught the Quaffle and threw it to John and they began to fly the opposite away towards the goals.

"Wells in possession, he passes to Murphy, she shoots and she scores!"

"You know Eliza, you look lovely today," Terence shouted to her as he flew beside her.

"You know Terence, you're supposed to be catching the snitch."

He laughed, "What? You mean that thing in front of us?" She looked over to see it, "Anyway, what are you doing after the match?"

"Shouldn't you be actually catching the snitch?"

"Do you want to go to the pub with me?"

Eliza laughed before flying quickly to catch the falling Quaffle, "Aileen, catch!" She yelled as the three chasers began to make their way back towards the posts, Eliza watched as Aileen went to aim and it successfully went through.

The Puddlemere United chaser had the Quaffle and began to fly to the posts, "So then Eliza, have you come to a decision?"

She looked over at Terence amused before flying over to defend her posts, Puddlemere United scored and Eliza had the Quaffle as they flew back towards the posts, she passed to Aileen who passed to John who scored.

"Terence Higgs, Ballycastle Bats Seeker has caught the Snitch, therefore Ballycastle Bats have won. They are victorious!"

The team dismounted their brooms and Eliza hugged Aileen and John, "We did it!"

"We won!" Maebh shouted as she joined them on the ground, "Isn't this just great?"

Eliza glanced over her shoulder, "Well done Seeker boy!"

"Congratulations Chaser girl!" The two briefly hugged before smiling gently at one and other. "You were really good!"

"Cheers." Eliza grinned, "As were you."

The two stood smiling at each other, "You know you never answered my question!"

Eliza laughed, "I didn't, did I?"

"So?" Terence waited for her to reply.

"Of course I would." Eliza and Terence hugged again.

Unbeknownst to them that from the Puddlemere stand, the reserve team sat - including their Keeper - he stared at the scene before him with the feeling of sadness. Once again he was left watching the girl he loved fall for another.

"We won, we won, we won." Aileen sang loudly, "Oh yeah,"

"We won, we won, we won." John repeated, "Did you see the three of us? We were amazing!"

Eliza placed her arms around their necks, "Isn't this just great, the three of us were bloody great! Fin, did you see our passing?"

"You three were on top form!" He complimented them, "Scrap that, you were bloody perfect - reminded me of the Irish Team during the World Cup Final."

Elliot groaned, "Oh, here we go. Back when I won the Quidditch World Cup... blah, blah, blah, blah, blahh."

"Shut up." Fin shouted back at him.

Eliza slowed down to match her pace with Terence's, "At least he didn't get knocked out within the first couple of minutes of his first match," Terence yelled at Elliot.

"Shut up!" Elliot replied, as his face went a bright red.

When they got into the pub, Eliza and Terence went straight to the bar and ordered a pint of butterbeer each before going to sit at a table just the two of them. "What did you think of my expert catching skills?"

"Oh, they were brilliant!" Eliza chuckled as they sipped their drinks.

Terence smiled at her, "I do think though that you were the best player on the pitch."

"Why thank you." Eliza replied.

Suddenly, Terence stared at her and lifted his hand up to her face and he slowly wiped the foam away from her upper lip, the two stared at each for a couple of minutes - their faces moving closer and closer.

"DAWLISH! HIGGS! We're going to have a team photo, come and join us!" Fin yelled causing them to break away quickly and to join their teammates.