Chapter Thirty-Five - Love

Cedric's face lit up as the sun beamed down on him, his eyes glistened and his smile was wide. He walked up and down the corridor as he animatedly told a story to his friends, Eliza was sat down waiting for him to finish so the two could spend some time together. Grinning at his friends he said his goodbyes before linking hands with Eliza and the two walked up to the top of the school.

"What are you plans for Christmas?" Cedric asked her out of the blue.

"I'm going to stay here." Eliza replied as she looked over at the grounds of Hogwarts, "I think the twins are staying again."

"You could come to my house again?" 

Letting out a sigh she said, "You're parents will want to spend time with you, just you."

"They liked you!"

"Christmas is a time for family Ced, be with your family and I'll be with mine."

Cedric raised an eyebrow, "Who is your family?" 

"The Weasleys."

"And what am I?" Cedric asked as he stood beside her, "Who am I to you?"

"You're my boyfriend." 

Cedric laughed, "I thought that meant we were basically family."

"The Weasley's are my family though, they're not basically, they are." Eliza replied, becoming more annoyed with him.

"What's going on?" Cedric asked her, "I feel as though you're slipping away from me."

"I'm not Ced." Eliza told him, "I'm just tired."

"Tired of what?"

"Tired as in I haven't had enough sleep."

He stared at her for a second, "You don't look tired."

"I haven't been sleeping well." Eliza admitted, "I wake up early every morning."

"Why?"

"I don't know why."

"Is Wood working you too hard at practices?" Cedric accused her.

Eliza glared at him, "I'm not waking up early because of practice, I'm waking up early because I cannot sleep!"

Cedric scoffed, "You always have to defend him, don't you?"

"I'm telling the truth Ced, I'm not going to lie and say he is when he isn't." Her voice rose. "Cedric, stop causing drama where there isn't any."

The two stood in silence for a moment before he broke it, "I'm sorry, I guess I'm working too much at Hufflepuff Quidditch Practices." Cedric told her.

"It's okay." Eliza replied quietly.

"Talking about Quidditch, I need to go and get ready for Practice." Cedric smiled at her as though he had completely moved on from their small argument. He then wrapped his arms around Eliza and said, "I love you."

From over his shoulder Eliza could see Oliver flying around the Quidditch Pitch and she could remember when there was a time she would be flying around with him, both laughing and joking with each other, finally she muttered, "I love you too."

And with that Cedric left, leaving Eliza to her thoughts. Without realizing she began to play with the necklace that hung around her neck, looking down at the hoops she whispered underneath her breath, "I have been chasing the wrong one all this time and only now I know who the true keeper of my heart is."