Chapter Forty-Nine - The Dark Mark

"Don't tell your mother you've been gambling." Mr Weasley said to Fred and George as they made their way down the stairs from the top box. 

"Don't worry, Dad," Fred told him happily, "We've got big plans for this money. We don't want it confiscated." Mr Weasley looked at them for a moment as though he was going to ask  them what the big plans were but decided against it knowing it was probably better if he didn't know. 

They then joined the large crowds coming out of the stadium and back to their tents, there was loud singing and the leprechauns shot over their heads laughing and waving their lanterns. When they finally reached the tents, none of them felt like sleeping at all and with all the noise surrounding them, Mr Weasley agreed they could all have a cup of cocoa before going to bed. It didn't take long for them to start arguing happily about the match, Mr Weasley and Charlie were arguing about cobbing and it wasn't until Ginny fell asleep and tipped her entire hot chocolate onto the floor that Mr Weasley decided it was time for them to go to bed. Eliza hugged the twins goodnight before following Ginny and Hermione into the tent they were sharing. 

Eliza changed into her pajamas before lying down on her bed, in the distance they could all hear the singing from the Irish, "I don't know if I'll be able to sleep with all that noise."

"Me neither." Hermione replied. "It was a great match."

Nodding even though Hermione couldn't see, Eliza began to think about playing Quidditch, she wanted nothing more than to be back out on the Pitch with Oliver, the twins and the girls. She hoped that one day she would be playing in a massive stadium, with all the crowd yelling her name. It was her dream, she wanted nothing more than to be a professional Quidditch Player. 

Before she knew it, screams and shouts woke her up, Eliza shot out of bed and poked her head through the entrance of the tent where she saw people running around frightened. Quickly she pulled a large jumper over her head and laced her boots up and then went over to the two girls, shaking them awake, "Something is happening! Something bad. Wake up." 

Hermione and Ginny both got out of their beds, both still half asleep, "What's going on?"

"I don't know, put a jacket and some shoes on quickly." Eliza told them as she looked out of the tent again, from the light of the fire she could see odd flashes of light and heard noises like gunfire. And then she saw them, a group of wizards, moved together with their wands pointed straight upward. They all wore masks so you didn't know who they were. Above them were four struggling figures being forced into grotesque shapes. More wizards joined them, laughing and pointing at the bodies. Eliza then saw that the bodies were Mr Roberts and what seemed to be his wife and two children. 

Letting out a gasp, Eliza caught sight of a familiar person, suited, his brown hair slicked back and for a moment they caught eyes and she felt sick as she recognised the bright green eyes. Before she knew it, Mr Weasley blocked the view of Dominic and told her to get the girls. Grabbing Ginny and Hermione she pulled them over to the boys' tent. Harry and Ron were watching the scene, and then Bill, Charlie and Percy came out, fully clothed with their wands out. 

"We're going to help the Ministry!" Mr Weasley shouted at them. "You lot - get into the woods, and stick together. I'll come and fetch you when we've sorted this out!" Bill, Charlie, Percy and Mr Weasley sprinted towards the oncoming marchers. 

"C'mon." Fred said as he grabbed Ginny's hand and started to pull her towards the wood. Eliza and George followed after them, with Hermione, Ron and Harry behind.  

They quickly ran into the pitch black woods, careful not to fall over anything. Eliza glanced behind her and shouted, "We've lost Ron, Hermione and Harry."