Chapter Forty-Five - End of Fifth Year

Hesitating slightly, Eliza knocked on the door of Lupin's office and waited patiently for him to answer. "Come in." He said. Walking in, she looked around the room and noticed he was packing all of his belongings up.

"So you are definitely leaving."

"I'm afraid so." Lupin told her sadly.

"Why? Is it because you are a werewolf."

He stared at her, "How did you find that out?"

"It was quite obvious to be honest. But it's not as though anyone else knows!"

"The Ministry know I am a werewolf and before we know, there will be loads of owls arriving from parents saying they don't want their children to be taught by a werewolf. I could bite someone."

"But you haven't bit anyone!" Eliza replied, "So there's nothing for them to be scared of."

"I almost did." Lupin told her.

"Last night when Harry saved Sirius." Eliza told him.

Lupin stared at her weirdly, "How did you know - never mind. Evelyn always seemed to know everything, even before you told her."

"She was a remarkable woman." Eliza said as he put more of his books into his trunk. "At least you know Sirius never betrayed any of them."

"Instead it was our other friend Peter."

"Peter didn't betray my aunt though."

Lupin turned towards her, "Why? What do you know?"

"I remember watching her die, that's why I fell during the Quidditch Map. I've been hearing screams for the past year and then I remembered watching as Voldemort murdered her, my father watching, doing nothing. Once she was dead, he didn't even comfort me, he listened as I cried."

"I'm so very sorry Eliza."

"Why? I have a good life compared to many, I have good friends, I have money and I'm happy." Eliza stared at the closest thing she had to an uncle, "I'm sorry that your life was ruined, they might have died but you had the worst of it all. Having to live believing your best friend had killed all of your other best friends, that must have destroyed you."

"At least I have Sirius back and a piece of Evelyn, James and Lily lives on as long as you and Harry are alive."

The two shared a smile, "You're the best teacher Hogwarts has ever had, Remus."

"Thank you Eliza."

"What are you going to do now?"

"I don't know." He told her honestly.

"I'll see you soon Remus." Eliza said, "Thank you for teaching me the patronus charm."

"I shall see you soon, Eliza."

Eliza began to make her way out of the room where she then bumped into Harry, "Oh hello, coming to see Lupin?"

"Yes, is he really leaving?"

Nodding, she patted him on the shoulder, "It'll all be okay Harry, don't worry."

"Thank you Eliza, we need to talk about our families."

"Yes, we really do. I'll see you later on." Eliza said before continuing to walk down the corridor into the Great Hall where she joined the twins, Oliver, Angelina, Alicia and Katie who were talking happily.

"Come and sit by me, El." Katie said as she moved over so there was room between her and Oliver, "Where have you been?"

"Saying goodbye to Professor Lupin, he was a friend of my aunts." Eliza said so they wouldn't ask her any questions.

"Can someone tell him to shut up." Fred groaned as he glared at his brother.

"I don't know how we're  going to survive the whole summer with him."

"Let's hope he stays in his bedroom for the entire time again."

"Fingers crossed."

"If I manage to get into the Ministry, I'll have a lot of proposals to make about Magical Law Enforcement!" Eliza overheard as Percy happily told his girlfriend Penelope.

"He might be too busy making proposals at the Ministry." Eliza said causing the group to snigger.

It was soon the last day of term and fifth year, Eliza had passed all of her subjects with flying colours, in fact she got the highest grades out of the whole year for the O.W.L.s. Angelina and Alicia had both passed while Fred and George had managed to get a handful of O.W.L.s each.

Everyone was sat in the Great Hall, scarlet and gold decorations were all around the hall as Gryffindor had won the House Championship for the third year running - mainly down to their spectacular performance in the Quidditch Cup.

Eliza smiled as Oliver spoke passionately about the upcoming Quidditch World Cup, "I bet you Ireland will win, they're the better team, with the best tactics and they're just a class above the rest."

"What about Krum though?"

"He's an excellent seeker, it's a shame his team is rubbish." Oliver said as he took a sip from his goblet.

"I bet you've already got your ticket for the final, the best seat out of the whole arena." Fred said to him.

"Of course he has, we all have Freddie." Eliza defended Oliver, "Do not remember running over to me screaming about how happy you were about us all getting tickets to go and watch?"

"Shut up." Fred said as he began to turn bright red.

"Just telling the truth." Eliza said causing Oliver to laugh.

"It's going to be great!" Angelina said, "We're not going on holiday this summer just because of the cup."

"Just because of the cup?" Oliver asked with his mouth slightly open out of shock. "Why would you go on holiday when you can watch the cup final?"

"Just because in Oliver world everything is either about Quidditch or Eliza, doesn't mean everything in the normal world is." Angelina replied causing the rest of the group parr Oliver and Eliza to laugh.

"Whatever."

"He didn't deny it!" George shouted.

"It's finally happening." Katie said happily as she tickled Eliza's side, "They're finally admitting their feelings for each other!"

"And everyone's always known it, even when they didn't." Alicia said as she pretended to wipe a tear away, "Oh how they've grown up. I'm so proud of you two."

Eliza rolled her eyes, "I do wonder why I'm friends with you guys."

"Because we're the most fantastic, brilliant, awesomeist people ever to have existed." Angelina replied.

"Oh, yeah, how could I have forgotten that." Eliza said with a smile.

"We forgive you, you've been through a lot recently El, we know it's taken a lot out of you admitting that you're in love with our dear Captain." Alicia grinned as the two went even redder.

"I need to go and finish packing." Eliza said quickly.

"Yeah, me too." Oliver added before following her out of the room.

"Ten Galleons they're going to go and kiss." Fred whispered to the group.

"You're on." George replied as the two shook hands.