Chapter Ninety-Four - Christmas at the Burrow

Staring out of the window, she watched as the snow gently fell down. "It's lovely weather for a snowball fight." Eliza told the twins.

Fred and George glanced over at her, "It seems like years since we used to have snowball fights at Hogwarts."

"A lot has happened since then."

"I fancy going into the village!" George told the two, "Shall we have a nice walk there?"

Eliza and Fred shared a look, "Do you want to see that girl again?"

"Neither of you two can say anything. Verity! Terence!"

"Alright, alright. Shush now!" Eliza told him, "Come on, let's go to town."

The three began to make their way downstairs and caught the last couple of comments from the conversation between Harry and Ron, "Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock -"

Eliza had no idea why they were talking about Fred's bum, "I beg your pardon?" Fred asked them, "Aah, George, look at this. They're using knives and everything. Bless them."

"I'll be seventeen in two and a bit months' time, and then I'll be able to do it by magic!" Ron told them grumpily.

"But meanwhile," George told them as he sat down at the table and put his feet up, "We can enjoy watching you demonstrate the correct use of a - whoops-a-daisy!"

"You made me do that!" Ron cut his thumb. "You wait, when I'm seventeen —"

"I'm sure you'll dazzle us all with hithertounsuspected magical skills," yawned Fred.

"And speaking of hitherto unsuspected skills, Ronald" George said, "What is this we hear from Ginny about you and a young lady called — unless our information is faulty — Lavender Brown?"

"Mind your own business."

"What a snappy retort. I really don't know how you think of them. No, what we wanted to know was... how did it happen?"

"What d'you mean?"

"Did she have an accident or something?"

"What?"

"Well, how did she sustain such extensive brain damage? Careful, now!"

Unfortunately for Ron, Mrs Weasley walked in just in time to see Ron throw a knife at Fred, the latter however just turned it into a paper airplane with a lazy flick of his wand. "Ron! Don't you ever let me see you throwing knives again!"

"I won't." Ron told her.

"Fred, George,I'm sorry, dears, but Remus is arriving tonight, so Bill will have to squeeze in with you two."

"No problem," George replied.

"Then, as Charlie isn't coming home, that just leaves Harry and Ron in the attic, and if Fleur shares with Ginny and Eliza —"

"— that'll make Ginny's Christmas." Fred muttered causing Eliza to chuckle.

"— everyone should be comfortable. Well, they'll have a bed, anyway."

"Percy definitely not showing his ugly face, then?" asked Fred.

Mrs. Weasley turned away before she answered. "No, he's busy, I expect, at the Ministry."

"Or he's the world's biggest prat,"Fred said once she had left. "One of the two."

"Well, let's get going, then, George, Eliza."

"What are you three up to?" asked Ron. "Can't you help us with these sprouts? You could just use your wand and then we'll be free too!"

"No, I don't think we can do that," said Fred seriously. "It's very character-building stuff, learning to peel sprouts without magic, makes you appreciate how difficult it is for Muggles and Squibs."