Chapter One Hundred and Six - Safety and Wishes

She felt as though she was a Death-Eater, wearing a dark coat over her black dress, and standing amidst the tall trees. Concealed by them, she could watch in peace without them knowing she was there. They were laughing, the small group of people, as they walked out of the pub. Eliza stepped back so that the light that came pouring out wouldn't reveal that she was there.

It was cold, so cold, that when she breathed out clouds would form right in front of her. But she had to be there. She had to make sure he was safe. If he was to be injured, or worse killed, then it would haunt and hang over her like mist until she, herself died.

Due to the silence surrounding her she could hear everything they were saying. Every joke, and every comment floated into her ears as she stood waiting for them to leave and go to back to safety. They were currently all talking about Quidditch and how all the upcoming matches were cancelled as it was considered too dangerous with everything that was going on.

"It all started when that Ballycastle Bats Chaser went into hiding!" One of the men shouted as he slung his arm over the woman to his left, "They started to complain that they couldn't play without one of their key players."

"She is one of the best Chasers in the world!" A familiar voice replied, "And they were right, how could they play when one of the players was forced into hiding. Wouldn't you feel scared?"

"I would." A girl agreed, "With everything that's going on, I'm sort of glad we're not playing. It doesn't seem like the right thing, you know, with all the murders."

The first boy scoffed, "They wouldn't target us! She had to go into hiding because of who she is! She's close with the Weasleys' and everyone knows which side they are on. They are firmly against He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named."

"And it probably has to do with that fact she's a Dawlish, her family are close to him, they're his most loyal supporters so given she is fighting him, she is an enemy that needs to be eliminated."

"Well I'm glad she's gone into hiding!" He said as he put his hands into his pockets, "I would hate for even more people to be killed because they don't share his beliefs."

Another woman joined the conversation, "Or maybe because you are in love with her."

They all turned to him as he slowly shook his head, "That was a long time ago."

"That's why you constantly listen to the news, just in case she's on it or mentioned. That's why at every match against Ballycastle Bats, you would become excited about seeing her again. Oh, come on Oliver, stop pretending that you don't still love her. It's very clear that you do."

He laughed nervously, "Yeah, well, I'm never going to see her again. She's in hiding and I'm here. She would never go out just to come and say hello, and why should she? I left her, she should hate me."

"Maybe if you were to tell her why you left her then maybe she would be understanding."

He laughed again, but it sounded more sad this time, "She wouldn't, I left her when she needed me. I would not forgive me." He then cleared his throat, "I'll see you all next week."

"Bye, Oliver." The girl hugged him, "Just don't beat yourself up over it."

Eliza began to slow tiptoe through the forest and then into the street, she followed as he began to make his way back to his flat. With the pale, yellow light upon her, she had to be very careful that he didn't turn and see her. At several occasions, she had to quickly hide behind a corner and wait for him to shrug his shoulders and carry on with his journey. She felt like a spy, watching him, making sure no one came to harm him. Due to the fact, they had once been together, she wanted to make sure no one targeted him to bring her out of hiding.