Chapter Twenty-Four - Cancelled

Gryffindor's next Quidditch match would be against Hufflepuff and Eliza spent most of her time talking to Cedric about how one of them were going to beat each other and then Oliver insisted on practicing every evening after dinner. Luckily, it was becoming drier which made it more bearable. "Perfect Quidditch conditions!" Oliver said enthusiastically as he put scrambled eggs on every teammates plate. "Harry, buck up there, you need a decent breakfast."

Eliza rolled her eyes as she turned to the twins. "Come on, let's get our Quidditch robes on." They made their way to their dormitories where they put on their scarlet robes and then they made their way to the pitch.

When the teams made their way onto the grounds, they were met with applause. Oliver took off for a warm up flight around the goalposts while the rest of the team stood still. Madam Hooch released the balls and the Hufflepuffs were all stood in a huddle having a last minute discussion of tactics. When they broke apart Cedric grinned at Eliza and they all began to mount their brooms. That was until, Professor McGonagall came marching across the pitch with a purple megaphone in her hand.

"This match has been cancelled." She was met with boos and shouts, Oliver landed and ran towards her still not off his broomstick.

"But, Professor." He looked devastated. "We've got to play - the cup - Gryffindor!"

Ignoring the Captain she continued to shout through the megaphone. "All students are to make their way back to the House common rooms, where their Heads of Houses will give them further information. As quickly as you can, please."

Eliza and the twins were sat in the common room with Angelina, Alicia, Maisie and Katie. "I wonder what's happened?" Katie asked them. "It must be something big."

"Do you think it's something to do with the chamber of secrets?" Eliza asked.

Before, anyone could reply, Professor McGonagall walked in accompanied by Ron and Harry. "All students will return to their House common rooms by six o'clock in the evening. No student is to leave the dormitories after that time. You will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No student is to use the bathroom unaccompanied by a teacher. All further Quidditch training and matches are to be postponed. There will be no more evening activities. I need hardly add that I have rarely been so distressed. It is likely that the school will be closed unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught. I would urge anyone who thinks they might know anything about them to come forward." McGonagall then walked out of the portrait hole.

"That's two Gryffindors down, not counting a Gryffindor ghost, one Ravenclaw, and one Hufflepuff." Lee said. "Haven't any of the teachers noticed that the Slytherins are all safe? Isn't it obvious all this stuff's coming from Slytherin? The Heir of Slytherin, the monster of Slytherin - why don't they just chuck all the Slytherins out?" Some of the students started to applaud him.

"Percy's in shock." George said quietly to Harry. Percy was in shock - he looked pale and stunned - and for once he wasn't stating his opinion. "That Ravenclaw girl - Penelope Clearwater - she's a prefect. I don't think he thought the monster would dare attack a prefect."

Eliza narrowed her eyes as she watched Percy, something didn't add up for her and she was determined to find out what. Maisie sat down beside her "He isn't talking to me."

"He isn't talking to anyone!" Eliza reasoned with her. "He's in shock."

"Why though? It's just a Ravenclaw student."

"You know him, he knew her because they're prefects and he thought he would safe."

Back in the dormitory, Eliza, Angelina and Alicia were lay on their beds discussing Maisie and Percy. "I don't think he likes her."

"He's going to break her heart."

"If we tell her then she'll just get angry at us and say we're lying."

Knock, knock "Come in." Katie entered the room.

"Is it alright if I come and hang out with you guys for a bit?"

Eliza nodded her head. "Sure."

"My roommates are being stupid." Katie explained. "I find them so annoying, they never shut up!"

"I totally understand you!" Eliza said, "Mine are the same."

Two pillows were thrown towards her. "Ignore her."

"Hey! Angelina is one of the worst roommates." She told Alicia. "She wakes us up by shouting and hitting us!"

Alicia nodded. "True."

Angelina stared mouth agape, "How very dare you!"

"We dared so suck it up." Eliza told her as she rolled over.

Katie chuckled as she spread out on the floor, "Do you think Quidditch will start again soon?"

"I hope so." Alicia said. "But probably not."