Chapter One Hundred and Eight - Battle Of Hogwarts

As they rushed into the Great Hall, they were met with a dark sky and lots of disheveled students, some in their traveling cloaks and others in their dressing gowns. Everyone was staring at Professor McGonagall who was stood on the raised platform at the top of the hall. Eliza and the small group she was with made their way down to stand behind her with the rest of the Order of the Phoenix.

"The evacuation will be overseen by Mr Filch and Madame Pomfrey. Prefects, when I give the word, you will organise your House and take your charges in orderly fashion to the evacuation point."

"And what if we want to stay and fight?" A Hufflepuff shouted.

"If you are of age, you may stay."

"What about our things?" called a girl at the Ravenclaw table. "Our trunks, our owls?"

"We have no time to collect possessions." said Professor McGonagall. "The important thing is to get you out of here safely."

"Where's Professor Snape?" A girl sat at the Slytherin table yelled.

"He has, to use the common phrase, done a bunk." replied Professor McGonagall causing the Hufflepuffs, Slytherins and Gryffindors to erupt into cheers. "We have already placed protection around the castle, but it is unlikely to hold for very long unless we reinforce it. I must ask you, therefore, to move quickly and calmly, and do as your prefects tell you."

She was then drowned out by a different voice, it was like a monsters, echoing off the walls, "I know that you are preparing to fight." There were screams amongst the students, "Your efforts are futile. You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I have great respect for the teachers of Hogwarts. I do not want to spill magical blood." Eliza looked up and knew who it was, "Give me Harry Potter, and they shall not be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have until midnight."

Everyone remained silent as they all turned to look at Harry. Then a figure stood up from the Slytherin table, Eliza remembering her to be the girl she shouted out on the train in her seventh year, "But he's there! Potter's there! Someone grab him!"

It brought a smile to her face, what she saw next, even if they were preparing to fight. All the Gryffindors stood in front of Harry and faced the Slytherins. And then at the same time so did the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs. The three houses then pulled out their wands and pointed them towards Pansy Parkinson and anyone that seemed to be wanting to grab Harry.

"Thank you, Miss Parkinson," Professor McGonagall shouted, "You will leave the hall first with Mr. Filch. If the rest of your House could follow." They all stood up and followed Filch out.

"Ravenclaws, follow on!"

Eventually, all the tables were emptied. No one from the Slytherin table remained, a few of the older Ravenclaws stayed, while even more Hufflepuffs were still sat down, and half of Gryffindor had remained in their seats. Professor McGonagall had to go down and force the underage students to leave. "Absolutely not, Creevey, go! And you, Peakes!"

Eliza walked over to the Gryffindor Table and sat beside the Weasleys'. "Where are Ron and Hermione?" Harry asked as he rushed over to them.

"Haven't you found -" Mr Weasley started to say as he looked around nervously.

Kingsely interrupted him though as he began to address those who had remained behind, "We've only got half an half an hour until midnight, so we need to act fast. A battle plan has been agreed between the teachers of Hogwarts and the Order of the Phoenix. Professors Flitwick, Sprout and McGonagall are going to take groups of fighters up to the three highest towers - Ravenclaw, Astronomy, and Gryffindor - where they'll have good overview, excellent positions from which to work spells. Meanwhile Remus" he pointed at Lupin and then at Mrs Weasley, "Arthur and I will take groups into the grounds. We'll need somebody to organize defense of the entrances or the passageways into the school."