Chapter One- End of Summer

Thank you so much for giving it a chance. I hope you won't be disappointed ♡

Chapter One: End of summer.

"Elle! It's time, honey." Mom yelled from down the hall. Her shrilling voice echoed in my head for exactly five seconds before fading away.

"Almost up!" I screeched back, and evilly smiling, cuddled deep inside my blanket. Pain shot through my head and I almost cried out loud.

Shit! What the hell did I drink last night?!

But this blanket... Jeez! It's so warm. Just like heaven's supposed to be.

"Yeah, like hell you are." Mother sighed, her voice closer than it should be. Oh, god! I couldn't believe that I'd freaking slept for barely three hours. (Thank you so much Justin)

Plus, Mom waking me up was plain magic. Because she'd hardly ever done that. It's usually Marissa-- my nanny/housekeeper/care taker-- and she's too good to take advantage of. So you see my point.

Before I could retort or lie to her again, mom crashed inside my room, her footsteps getting louder with each step, her heels furiously clanking against the marble floor.

In that moment, I just wished I had a magic wand so I could make myself disappear!

"As I said! You and up? No way in the hell will that ever happen. It will take more than a miracle to wake up Michelle Reynold on time." I loved when she played I-care-about-you with me.

But, she was right about the miracle thing. It was true that I wasn't really a morning person, neither I could ever be.

She heaved an exaggerated sigh and snatched my cozy-mushy blanket away from me. The little warmth which I just started to feel was also taken away from me.

Wonderful!

I snapped my eyes open, slightly rubbing them and then stifled a long eyes watering yawn.

"Mom please..." I grumbled, and when she didn't give it back to me, I sat upright stalling another yawn with the back of my hand.

After stretching my arms and legs, I glared at her in disbelief. She was definitely something else. Some days she didn't even care what the heck was going on in my life and then other days it was as if she wanted to win a best mother award or something.

Ugh!

She was hovering over my body with her arms crossed over her Chest. Her green eyes glaring down at me while her red coated lips were pressed into a tight line-- I assumed in anger.

I really don't get what her problem is.

"What?" I asked, dropping the tough act and massaging my throbbing temples, reminiscing how bad they hurt.

"Do not what me! And don' look at me like that, Michelle. I am your mom and you're the one who need to go to school-- not me. Now get your butt inside that thing called bathroom and be the good child I've raised you to be." She spoke without hesitating once.

Unintentionally, I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, sure. But, only if you had raised me." I gibbered under my breath.

Gladly, she didn't hear what I said but,  picked up on few pieces. "Say whatever you want to my face, Michelle. Don't mumble under your breath."

I gave her a poker look and shook my head. It was useless trying to win an already lost war. I couldn't believe she was giving me her favorite Dos and Don'ts this early in the morning while my head was about to explode.