Chapter Nineteen- Poor Evan

I sure was in a bliss when I ended up tumbling down on the cold marbled floor of my room with a thud and a pain, which kicked in few seconds later. Fiercely, I rubbed my elbow, looking around in the darkness. I just fell off my bed.

Hilarious!

I couldn't believe I was smiling instead of yelping in pain because of the landing I just got, probably in the middle of the night. I untangled myself from the huge blanket that had dropped along with me. I stood up on my feet and sat back on my bed. I poured myself a glass of water and leaned back against the headrest behind me.

I practically swooned with dreamy eyes in utter darkness for I don't know how much long, reminiscing the kiss. Yes, I dreamt of a kiss. Geez! I was literally turning into a tomato and my cheeks were heating faster than a stove could.

Evan kissed me. Yes, he did. In my dream, not to forget.

I tumbled down the bed once again by the sudden loud noise of my alarm clock, choking me back to reality. It definitely wasn't middle of the night. It was time to go to school.

OH MY GOD.

After a long hot bath and a quick change from towel into my black tights and full sleeves light blue crop top showing a little bit of my belly skin. I did my makeup and wore my long boots, before heading downstairs to find out my parents were already there.

I wish I could turn back and run into my room but, they had already seen me.

God help me!

"Good morning, sweetheart." Mom greeted, rising up to her feet and giving me gentle almost flying kiss on my cheek.

"Good morning, mom." I feigned a smile and slipped into the chair beside her.

"Morning, Dad." I said, knowing he wouldn't say it first. He never did.

Both of my parents were nicely dressed in their usual office attire. Mom had her short blonde hair curled at the ends, moving just past her shoulders. Her makeup looked subtle different, perhaps a little more than she usually did. While dad, he was just the he was.

"Morning." He spoke, and honestly, it seemed as if he wanted to say something else but, he stopped himself. His eyes glared at me for few seconds then he got back to do what he was doing.

"I hope your grades are well off..." He trailed, sipping on his black coffee.

I wonder what he's thinking. Somethings, I really wish I could read his mind!

"They are." Though, I wasn't well aware of them anymore. I mean, I should be... but, there's a lot on my plate. I couldn't come to focus on everything at once. Can I?

He nodded and continued reading the headlines of the day in his mobile app. Mom was staring at me, as if I had something on my face.

It looked as if she read my mind, "I'm just wondering if you're dating... you know... We both may seem cruel to you sometimes or not be around so often but, trust me, we really care for you, Elle. If there's someone you shouldn't be afraid to tell us. We would really like to meet him over the dinner." She spoke, giving my hand a little squeeze in the end.

Wow! Where did that come from?

I opened my mouth to say otherwise but, stopped. I didn't know why. I was certain I wasn't dating anyone. But, why were they asking me all that all of sudden? I couldn't shake the feeling that there was definitely something underneath the surface–which I couldn't comprehend at the moment.