Chapter Forty Nine- Come to the dance

Chapter Forty Nine: Come to the dance

Kimmy.

Five hours ago.

I saw the look in her eyes when she confessed her love in front of us at lunch today. I realized in how much pain she might be for not getting loved back, because the jerk's too scared to give it a try.

But, the real question was where was he?

I knew how he felt for her. I had seen him look at her longing, I had seen the way he'd smiled at her, he'd helped her, and even hurt her.

I know love when I see it.

I saw him when he pleaded with Mrs. Joe to get himself in her decorating work team. I just thought it was good if Elle didn't know about it.

If he didn't love her? Why would he go through so much trouble for her?

I knocked on the small wooden door which was only half painted. The neighborhood stung. I swore no nice people lived here. What the hell was he doing living here?

There wasn't this thing known as doorbell to human kind anywhere around his door. So, I rattled my knuckles on the door, louder this time, and just waited for him.

Finally the door opened and he frowned at me.

Oh, I'm just so fed up with his this look.

"Will you invite me in or make me stand here in this condition?" Perks of being pregnant.

He groaned and stepped aside. I smirked and walked right in and sat on the couch, propping my feet on his coffee table. I couldn't believe he slept on a couch. There was no bed.

"Yeah, make yourself at home." I knew he was being sarcastic, so I smiled up at him.

"Do you need some water?" he walked to the kitchen, which was just right there.

"It's chilling outside, I don't to freeze. Can you warm it up for me?"

Oh, I was having so much fun at his miserable expanse.

"Fine. So you here for some revenge or something?"

I smirked and shrugged.

"Nah. I'm just overwhelmed and animated for tonight. You coming right?"

"No. I have work."

My jaw dropped. THIS GUY!!!

I stood up and walked to him, hands on my hips. I glared deadpanned at him."Oh, ya you do."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He really looked scared of me. And I wanted to laugh at that.

"Will you just stop protecting her from the world and see that you're the one person who's actually hurting her the most? I wouldn't be here if I didn't know what were you doing. Don't pull back. Don't leave her... be with her. You two are fucked up because you're not together. Give you love a chance, Evan."

I took a breath, gulped on warm water and sighed. "I'm here for my best friend, who only smiles like crazy when she's with you. If you don't feel the same way, I'll leave and won't ever bother you again."

I crossed my arms, arching my brow at him.

He held my eyes for a second then looked around, avoiding.

"See... you do love her. She has done her part. She's fought for her love, now it's your time. Come to the dance and sweep her off her feet with your love."

Man! I was so proud of myself. My baby had the coolest mother!

He turned away from me, gripping his kitchen island tightly. His knuckles turned white and for a second I got scared of him.

"Her life's perfect. I in it will only destroy everything. What do I have? Nothing. I can't make her happy and I can't take care of her."

I sucked in a breath. "I would just say one thing. If you think you can't then no one can. I've seen you when you look at her. No one ever cared for her the way you do. Not even her own parents."

I moved past him but, stopped before stepping out the door.

"I really hope you'll show up tonight. Because, you know more than me what this dance means to her."

And with that I left.