Chapter Thirty Six- Ice cream

"Big brother!!!" Ky cheered and hopped from my lap and ran to him, hugging his legs.

Oh my frigging gosh!

Ky....Kyle.

I just couldn't believe it.

I was staring at a dark haired guy with familiar brown eyes as wide as my own.

I stood up, numbly, and just stared at Evan who was Ky's brother.

He'd told me about the brother.

I should've put the two and two together but, it was a mere coincidence I met Ky, and not to mention I was overwhelmed at something else brewing inside of me.

"Evan..." Ky cried towing at his dark jeans.

Nobody looked down at his brother-- who, now I understood why looked familiar to me somehow. He had Evan's eyes.

He had same hair and even the sarcasm was soundly familiar.

"How's my buddy?" He asked, smiling, holding him up in his arms.

"I am awezome. Are you mad at me?" He adorably pronouncing the S as his Z.

"Why would I?" He kissed his cheek and I didn't know why I felt flustered.

"Principal called you..." Ky trailed, sadly, and looked down. But, Evan made him face him and kissed his other cheek too.

"I can never be angry with you. Always remember that, okay?" Ky's lips immediately lifted upwards.

"Thank yoouuuuuu..." He grinned and hugged him tight around the neck with his small arms.

Suddenly, pulling away Ky turned to me,

"Meet my new friend, bro. Come here Mishel." I almost laughed at how he pronounced my name. It sounded so cute and funny. I snapped out of my daze and walked towards him with weak knees, wobbling under my weight.

It was the first time after the kiss that we came face to face with each other.

"Hey..." I couldn't even say a small Hi to him. My cheeks were burning with the intense heat because I couldn't chuck out the image of my perfect kiss that happened the other night.

And just like that my eyes went to his lips. Those perfect pink lips. Smooth and soft. And warm.

He cleared his throat and I looked back up, apologetically. "What are you doing here?" He uttered in his usual rude voice. I hated him.

No hey? No hello?

Just like his ole self!

"I'm here for a meeting with Mr. Miller. And I guess he called you for Ky?" Why was I still trying to be nice?

Oh yeah, because the jerk here was pretending like nothing ever happened between us.

How the hell he's supposed to protect me if he'd keep being the one who's hurting me?

He nodded and pulled his attention back to Ky, who was busy tapping his finger on his cheek, flipping his eyes at me then at Evan and then back at me.

"Are you his girlfriend?" He suddenly asked, making me stumble back.

I steadied myself and shook my head, vigorously.

Evan clarified, "She's in my school."

Wow... I thought at least I deserved to be tagged as a friend!