Chapter Fifteen- What's your favourite colour?

Imagine Barbara Palvin wearing sneakers instead of those gorgeous boots (in the image in the media box), and you're good to go:)

Chapter Fifteen: What's your Favourite colour?

"C'mon... let's get you some help." I stated and tried to pull him up, obviously with some of his own help. C'mon, I barely weighed hundred and ten pounds. What do you expect?

With some of his assistance, I draped his arm around my shoulder and dragged him towards his truck.

Walking through the reckless-and-determined-to-run people, he fished out his keys from his jeans pocket for me. I hopped inside his truck in the driver's seat after comfortably seating him on the passenger's seat.

I would've grabbed my own car but, it was situated where the police cars were. Which meant I am definitely getting in trouble.

But, in that moment, I cared less.

I quickly injected the keys and hit the road. I'd never driven a truck before but, it wasn't much different from driving a car.

I took a peek at him and he looked terrible. His face got bruises, he had blood gushing out of his side of the lip. Did I tell you that he was still shirtless?

I saw him closing his eyes and from the movies, I recalled and knew it was a bad thing. Yes, I'm a movie freak, so what?

"Evan... please stay with me and do not fall asleep. Please? Would you do that for me?" I beseeched. His eyes were half awake.

He slightly nodded and his muffled voice came, "T-talk..."

Instinctively... I nodded at him and tried to come up with something with my blank mind.

"Um...what's your favourite color?" I asked, and immediately bit my lip.

I saw him shook his head at me, "Seriously..." He whispered, smirking. You can call it a smile.

At least I got that out of him.

Mortified at myself, I smiled at him, nodding. "Yes. It's the best of what I could come upto and it's simple."

I added,

"Besides, you asked me to talk. So, I thought why not I use this opportunity to know you better?"

"You don' want to..." His voice fading, as it reached the end.

"You don't get to decide that for me. I do. I want to know you...Evan." Do I?

Guess I really/badly want to know more about him.

Instead of grasping what I just confessed to him and replying to that, he spoke, "Blue."

I didn't stretch it because, clearly he didn't want to.

"Wow! Mine too.... My mum always says that I wear blue a lot."

"Noticed."

"You did?" I asked, looking over to him, but immediately looked upfront on the road. It was dark and I didn't want to take any risk of hurting him.

"Next question." He again dodged my question.

And, I again didn't extend it.

"Food for which you would do anything?"

"Pizza?"

"You have got to be kidding me!!! Don't tell me you're Edward Collen except the fact that you're not a Vamp but, you can read minds!" I knew it was the most pathetically lame thing to say, but... whatever!

I laughed at my own joke though he didn't seem fazed by it- not even a bit.

We fell in the sea of silence for couple of minutes. I was trying hard to come up with something to talk until he decided to speak.

"Reynold, why are you doing all this for me?" He hissed, though I couldn't see his face, I knew his eyes were staring at me, impatiently waiting for me to say something.

"Remember, you asked me to talk?" I played dumb. Guess, I liked annoying him.

This time he rolled hos eyes, as he slightly shifted in his seat to a more comfortable position. "Not funny. You know what I mean..!" He quickly retorted in tired and husky voice.

"Do you like my outfit...?" This time I evaded his question and he didn't stretch.

Realizing what I just hastily asked, I blushed at my own question. I was just trying to make him laugh or even smile. Just a little bit of trying to get him to forget the pain—he was going through.

My own question made me reminisce the horrible reaction Kim and Soph gave me when they earlier came to my house. Their wide eyes and agape mouths said all. They disapproved of the outfit I wore—as it was a social suicide according to them but, just for one night I wanted to wear something different.

"It l-looks good on you... But, it's not you Reynold." He told, truthfully.

I understood what he meant. Jeans with a hoodie, sneakers and not to forget the black cap which I had worn backwards, wasn't my thing.

He coughed and I asked him to keep quiet afterwards.

"Let me do the talking now," I grinned and nearly saw him slap his head as if I was the most monotonous person and now, he'll get tortured by me! But, I wasn't. Huh!

I bet he felt relieved when I stopped talking. I parked the truck in the parking lot of the hospital.

"Slowly..." I said, as I helped him out, ignoring his stubbornness as he persistently refused to take hold of me.

"Where's Gabe? Call him, quickly!" I snapped to the brown haired receptionist who was busy calling but, instantly cut the call, giving me a nod of confirmation. She knew me too well to ignore me.

Thankgod! Being rich didn't always suck.

Two male nurses with a stretcher came towards me, and Evan was made to lie down on it. His eyes were half open, as he gazed at me. He wasn't angry anymore. Instead, his eyes were filled with something different–on which I couldn't precisely point my finger.

Why did he take the fight? I just continued to ask this to myself for uncountable times.

I strode along with them in the ICU as staying outside would've just freaked me even more.

"Hey, what happened? Are you hurt?" Tall blonde guy, in doctor's uniform walked inside the room. His blue eyes concerning for me, as he looked up and down at me, and grabbed my shoulders in his firm hold.

"I am fine, Gabe. But, I need your help. This is... Evan. Please, check him, he's been in a..." I halted before I could spill out the ugly truth, "Just make sure he's okay..." Gabe looked me in the eyes and nodded at me. "I'll take it from here."

I tried to crack a small smile.

"Okay..."

"Elle, I need you to wait outside okay?"

"But—"

"Please, Michelle."

Gasping, I nodded and strolled out with one last glance of evan's unconscious body, lying on the bed. He was fast asleep as soon as he was brought into the room. Just then, I realized my cheeks were wet.

 Just then, I realized my cheeks were wet