Chapter Thirteen- The Fight

Chapter Thirteen: The Fight

One week, seven days, one hundred sixty-eight hours, has passed since the brook incident.

I ignored him like plague because I was hell of embarrassed of my drunken actions. I was dying to know why I sat beside him and talked to him in spite of all the bad things he did to my best friend. I avoided the morning coffees and didn't look at him during the extra-hours in the gym.

It was too awkward for me to even take a look at him and fear that he might catch me staring. And then, what would I say to him?

I asked Kim to be the beguile and she did her job tremendously for a week but, the more I stayed away the more I wanted to talk to him, smile with him, and feel safe with him. I couldn't believe that I was changing. I wanted to stop myself but, I was already deep down the hole that now there wasn't any turning back.

And only I knew how many questions Kim put up during this entire week about everything-that she suspected of, and I just gave her the very few brief details and 90% lied to her. I couldn't believe I was lying to Kim!! I didn't want to but, I also knew that she wouldn't approve of any of it. She literally hated him with her whole heart.

And trust me, my words won't make the change of her heart.

But, to be fair he's not the badboy here. He's just normal yet different in a different way which I couldn't put in the words! And he did the good in his own way, which's wrong-making him a bad person- in everyone's eyes.

Look, I am defending him again...!!!

For the first time history sounded boring to me. I tried to concentrate but, it wasn't easy when I was thinking about him!

We shared zilch classes together- I couldn't tell if that was a good thing anymore and I was hardly at the café for lunches since the formal winter ball dance was on the run and being the head of social events, I had a lot of work to do. Which-to point out-meant starting from the scratch.

I looked around me and no one seemed to be interested in paying attention to the lecture being given in the class and instead, they were busy typing and reading gossips on their phones, I bet!

Today's Highlight was a fight soon-going-to-happen in Brook. Between Marcus and... Nobody. How could it be true when I exactly remembered he said, he didn't like getting involved in fights for fun. Then, why change of heart? Maybe it's not true. And in my heart I was praying it wasn't.

***

If you're wondering who Marcus is, then it's the time that I disclose his dirty secrets and hidden identity. But, I might just want to spare the giddy intro and highlight the point that he's the psychopath who's been to jail twice and is still surviving in the school only because his dad's founder of Richmond high.

His full name is, Marcus Richmond.

Son of Mr. Black Richmond.

What an irony!

'He's an awful person. He's the devil of Richmond High and an entire website is made just for his disgusting and illegal updates. I couldn't believe how desperate people could be.' I grimaced even imagining his face.

"Did you hear about the fight at the brook tonight?" Kimmy chimed, swallowing her spoonful of spaghetti down her throat.

I was finishing off some paper work, as I had to be ready with a small blueprint to show it to the principal by today. But, what kimmy asked, totally took me off guard.