Chapter Thirty Five- This hilarious meeting

I was already feeling unsure of this hilarious meeting when I started to get closer to the address dad had sent me.

My heart was pounding wildly, my hands felt clammy.

I didn't even know if the principal of this school would take me seriously, because as good as I reminisced Mr. Black never took me really seriously.

Now, after Kim's call, in the back of my mind I was ignoring two things. Two things which would ruin this meeting if I let myself feel anything.

Numb was better option than any.

'Don't let me down...' Dad's words echoed in my ears and I realized I was already there.

I relaxed and slowly took off the pressure from the gas paddle, trying to find an empty space to park in the parking lot of the Missionary School. It's a very prestigious school in the whole city with a really amazing reputation. And now, my dad's thinking of buying it.

Ugh!

Let's see how it goes.

I climbed off the car and locked it before heading towards the right building. There were three buildings. One was the school and the other two; girls and boys hostel.

I walked inside the school and stopped. Every student looked my way. And for the first time, I'd worn formals. A white shirt with knee-length black pencil skirt, and a high neat ponytail with a decent amount of makeup while holding an almost empty black file for show.

I didn't have many papers to put in.

I walked over to the main office, trying my best to look confident while inside I was freaking the hell out. I smiled at every possible kid and even at the guys of my own age in the same uniform as all, eyeing me.

It was a huge school with classes from kindergarten to twelfth grade. Imagine how ginormous it was. I didn't know we could buy something like this. Well, maybe my dad had it over his head and didn't really think it through. Or maybe I was completely unaware of how much our company really earned.

I saw a girl standing outside the door of the main office.

"Yes, may I help you Miss?" The beautiful lady who looked in her late twenties asked me.

I nodded. "Indeed. I have an appointment with Mr. Miller. My name's Michelle Reynold."

"R-Reynold?" Her voice was suddenly from sure and confident to panicked.

Scrunching my brows at her, I nodded. What was her deal? Was she terrified of me? My name?

Jesus!

"Please go ahead and have a seat. Mr. Miller will join you in couple of minutes." She immediately opened the door and offered me to head inside.

I nodded, smiling and stepped inside. It was a average sized office with shelves of trophies and certificates on display behind Mr. Miller's chair. A glass desk with three chairs sat there, like in every other office I had seen. Everything was neat and tidy and highly organized.

I sat on the mushy black leather chair, it was the one you could roll on. My favorite ones.

I wiped my sweaty hands over my skirt and pulled my socks higher, to keep my legs warm. I should've worn something warmer even though I was sweating from anxiety, cold shivers ran through my body.

"What deed you do to come hea?"

I jumped back at the voice, placing a hand on my heart. Oh my god! I literally skipped few heart beats this time.