Chapter Seventeen- I know you

Hello everyone! I want to dedicate this chapter to my new friend/follower/reader/supporter/and a very genuine person L_wolfe ❤️❤️ Definitely check out her books:)

Happy reading, my lovely wattpaders.

Chapter Seventeen: I know you

"Fine, Mister Nobody! Whatever! You know what?" I frowned, crossing my arms around my chest, and shooting death glares at him.

He looked up to drill into my soul, as he harshly spoke, "What?"

I chucked my handbag on my shoulder. I'm putting my ass on the line for him and he... he doesn't even care about it. He can't even see that I'm just trying to help him. And instead of being thankful to me, he's...

"I'll see myself out. And sorry that I've 'forced myself on you'." I said, furiously, I bet my nostrils were flaring with anger.

He looked away and I guess he just took a sigh of relief.

'Whatever.'

I sashayed towards the door with big steps and held the knob of the door in my hand—to click it open.

"But..." I uttered and turned around to see him curiously waiting for me to speak. I moved back to the chair and causally dropped my bag beside it.

"Change of heart? Oh... or maybe you're just too stubborn to leave by yourself. No worries, I guess the security wouldn't mind doing that."

My jaw slightly fell open but, I instantly closed it before he could even notice the hurt on my face. Instantaneously, I plastered a brave smile on my face.

His furrowed deepened in bafflement, as he arched up his brow at me on my lack of reply.

"I know you... better than you think I do... and I also know what trick you're playing here with me. It's called pushing people away. And you're trying to do it by getting me ferocious but, you don't know one thing, which is that I made these little dirty tricks... I've tried it thousand times whenever I used to get upset because I didn't want to make anyone else sad because of me... so, you see... it'll be better if you drop the act and be who you are instead of just pushing me away. Because, I'm not going anywhere, Evan Royce. You better get used to this—me." I gasped on learning how long I've spoken and probably, more than I should have.

Nevertheless, I felt great and light-hearted.

I'm so mad at him! I was playing cool until I knew he was okay and when now he is... I'm not going to pretend as if he didn't do anything wrong... because just don' get me started on how much I want to punch him right now for not punching Marcus! But, I also understood the situation and it wasn't the right time to talk about whats and whys!

"Reynold, you've no idea—"

"Neither do you..."

"But—"

I cut him off, "Just shush!" I glared at him pointing my finger towards his lip but, before I could touch them, he visible leaned back—looking away.

Déjà vu. I reminisced the night of Brook when I did something like this—only he didn't lean back then.

It's okay... I can handle him.

"Let's just get you home." I said, dryly. I didn't know if I should be mad or not. Was that appropriate for me to worry for a Nobody?

His eyes finally met fine with a touch of softness. He uttered, "Why are you doing this, Reynold? Why did you helped me? Or Why are you even here? You should've left with your friends three hours ago..." He wasn't pretending anymore. He genuinely meant whatever he said.