Chapter Forty Eight- The winter formals

Chapter Forty-Eight: The winter formals

I shoved some fries in my mouth and looked over to find familiar brown eyes but, he hadn't come today.

I wanted to call and ask if everything was okay. If he was okay.

But, I didn't know if I should.

"Where is he?" Kim hissed in my ears and shrugged.

"How would I know?"

She rolled her eyes, "Why in such an amazing mood?"

This time I rolled my eyes. "Shut up." I groaned.

I looked around our table. It was missing Soph but, Aria filled in her seat with Justin beside her.

Justin and Aria were honestly adorable together. Kim and martin are perfect too, and me...

Just don't say anything.

My phone buzzed yet again and as usual I ignored it for trillionth time.

"Who is it?" Aria asked, smiling. She was actually nice when she wanted to be.

"No one..."

She gave me a look and I sighed, "Fine. It's Josh."

And they all nodded without another word. I'd told Kim, who told Martin, who told Justin and who told Aria. Ugh! I wished she would learn to stomach things. Justin and Martin were ready to go and kill him, but we managed to get them to think rationally.

"Are you in love with Evan?" Justin asked, taking a bite of his ham and cheese, his eyes locked on me.

He had never outright came and asked me this before.

My heart started to beat faster, as I shrugged, "Yes."

I took a breath, "Yes. I'm in love with that jerkhead."

"Hey..." Kim hugged me. I wasn't crying. Why would I? I didn't regret loving him.

"Are you still going to the winter formals with Josh?" Martin asked, furrowing his brows at me. I could tell he was concerned.

"I have to. It's not like I've a choice. My dad will kill me if I won't."

"But, it's your dance. You were waiting for this day since I know you, I guess."

Kim's right. I had been waiting for this day since I knew about it. I believed in magic and maybe that was my problem. There wasn't anything remotely knows as magic in this world.

"Let's go and complete the decorations, it's almost done. Aria want to help?"

"Me too." Martin cried.

"Me too..." Justin this time.

"Fine but, you guys have to keep your mouths to yourself! It's strictly about work." I warned them with a finger pointing towards them and they nodded at the same time, sheepishly smiling.

***

I just couldn't stop staring at my best friend.

She looked exceptionally beautiful in her floor touching golden gown.

Her hair were being held up in a messy bunch while deliberated locks of her curls fell around. Her makeup was outdone perfectly, and red lipstick really looked hot on her.

"Stop drooling bitch. I know I look hot." She smirked and I wanted to throw my pillow at her. But, I didn't want to mess anything up on her.

She looked like model fresh out a magazine.

Instead, I punched her arm and she cracked into fits of laughter. Just being herself. I was still in towel, I really didn't feel like going.

I even called my parents to let then know I wouldn't be attending it when my friends made me swear to come. Josh had called all afternoon and finally I picked it up only to yell at him.

Nobody was still MIA. I wanted to rush to him but, I guess I had fought enough. It was time he stood up for us. He fought for us.

If he wanted me, I knew he would have to come to me. It was time for him to realize what we had wasn't a silly crush or a liking. It was way beyond that. And truer.

"Now, let's get you ready." She smirked and I crossed my finger, hoping she wouldn't make look like a zombie.

Then I crouched down, wincing, "You know I think my stomach's upset. I won't be able to make it for the dance."

"I know what you are trying to do." She grabbed my arm and smiled at me. "Don't run from this, Elle. It's your day. Feel special for yourself, not for anyone."

I smirked, "Jeez you and your mommy mood!"

She threw her head back and laughed.

I tried but I just couldn't feel anything. No excitement, no thrill, no happiness. I'd even texted and called him twice, even though I didn't want to. And my phone still showed 'No new notifications' to me.