Chapter Thirty Seven- I couldn't believe this guy!!!

"So, where are we going?" Ky asked, chirpily. His brown eyes dancing with excitement.

It merely took me twenty minutes to finish off the meeting as Paul was already ready with all the presentation. Then I called dad and informed him about it. He sounded impressed but, didn't say so. Typical dad.

I did my seat belt and so did Evan. We decided to ride in his yellow truck and not in my BMW. His command. He seriously seemed to have some serious issues with rich things.... I hoped not with all rich people.

Ky was in my lap and giggling like a girl. "Mishel—"

I cut him off, "Call me Elle."

"As in L for Lion?"

I laughed and nodded at him. "Yes. Like L for Lion."

"Okay... L. Do you like little boys?"

My jaw dropped on the floorboard of the car, as I bit my lip from laughing.

Even Nobody looked our way and eyed him, with raised brow.

I shook my head at this little guy, chuckling. "If you're talking about yourself... then yes. How can I resist a charming boy like you... but, will you date a girl like me?" I pouted.

I saw his cheeks turning red as he said, "But my brother says I can't date until I'm this big." He gestured up till the roof of the car.

I couldn't help but, laugh whole-heartedly. He's just so adorable. Unlike his brother...

Evan halted in front of the ice cream parlor and we climbed out. Ky held both of our hands, walking in between us. I blushed thinking how we three might look to everyone else.

We gave our orders and situated ourselves on the right corner of the shop. The parlor was cute with white and baby pink and baby blues here and there. Only few people sat around us while half of the shop was empty.

"If you're not my big brother's girlfriend then who is your boyfriend?" He once again started that topic and I held my grip on the table.

I swallowed the lump and looked at Evan who seemed to look anywhere but at me.

"First you tell me everything about Riya." That made him red in seconds.

He played with my phone and told me how she just comes and sits with him every day. Or how she sometimes talk to him.

"Tomorrow, you should try and talk to her when she sits with you, okay?"

He furrowed his brow and tilted his face, "Why?"

I smiled. "Look... she likes you and you said you like her too. So... you should let her know that. If you will talk to her first, she'll be very happy."

He almost jumped, grinning, "Cool."

I laughed, kissing his cheek. I couldn't believe how quickly we got along.

"Don't feed him bullshit about love!" Evan snapped.

My heart jumped in my chest. I gazed up, anger burning his eyes.

"Love isn't bullshit!" I snapped right back.

He leaned in, "It is."

This is so childish but, I did it. I leaned further in and snapped right back, "It isn't!"

And next thing I realized how close we had gotten. Our faces inches away from each other.

Ky chuckled, "Ice cream's here!!" Snapping us out of our trance.

I was suddenly giddy to know my Nobody was still in there. I saw in his eyes. The same need I felt for him.

I licked my lips and smirked.

The game's on.

***

We polished off our ice creams, Evan and I kept avoiding the huge elephant between us as if nothing's there.

Ky and I played silly games like thumb fight, which seemed to annoy Evan a lot. So I made sure to laugh extra, smile extra. Just to piss him royally.

It was freezing outside but I opened the buttons of my shirt anyway, I was wearing a grey woolen tank top underneath.

Evan halted rounding his seatbelt and glared at me. "What the hell you're doing?"

I smirked. "I'm hot."

I bet I saw his eyes flicker. We just stared each other down until Ky started to snore in the backseat.

He'd fallen asleep after playing two hours in the park with us. Hell I could sleep right now as if I hadn't last night.

Oh yeah... I hadn't.

He started driving and I watched as the shops, cars, houses passed us.

Once at the school, Evan picked Ky off the backseat and took him to his room while the floor warden helped us tuck him in.

I probably had left when we arrived but, I had to kiss my little friend goodnight.

I knelt down and kissed his cheek. "Goodnight, Ky." I whispered and stood up, walking to the door.

I didn't wait for Evan but I knew he was right behind me.

I got to my car and was about to hop in when a hand on my arm stopped me. Without a word, he started dragging me to his truck.

I tried to get out of his grip. "What the hell?"

He glared at me. "You can't even keep your eyes open for five whole minutes. I'm not letting you drive back while you sleep to your death."

I gaped. I couldn't believe this guy!!! "The entire day you pretended like I didn't even existed and now you want to play protective?"

I wiggled my arm but it was of no use.

He pulled me against his truck and hovered over me. His eyes piercing mine. "GET. IN."

I rolled my eyes but did as he said. After all I didn't have a death wish. Driving alone for an hour would absolutely make me sleep.

Once inside his truck, I dozed off momentarily. And dreamt of my brother being alive.

"Michelle?" I felt a hand over my cheek. It was rough yet smooth in it's own way. I inhaled a familiar scent and smiled.

"Hmmm..." I hummed, without bothering to open my eyes.

"What do you want me to get you? We are at Lilian's."

I nodded, hearing his faint words. "Cheeseburger, fries, and latte."

A chuckle surprised me and I opened my eyes. Everything slowly rushing back to me.

His face was so close to mine. His eyes smiling at me. He pushed a lock of hair away from my face and smiled. "I'll be right back, okay?"

I nodded, in my beautiful daze.

Please don't let this be a dream.

Within ten minutes, he was back. He placed the to-go bag in the backseat and drove off.

We shuffled out the truck, when he parked in his building's parking lot. And I didn't know why but I had a feeling of some sorts.

I couldn't tell if it was a good one or bad.

_________
Vote/Comment/Share 💙

~D <3