Chapter Sixteen- Evan

Hey guys. Next chapter!!!

I hope you all enjoy reading but, if you play that music in the media box along with it, you'll probably feel every bit of what Michelle might be.

It's one of my favorite tunes and no matter how many times I replay it, I'll just never get tired of it:)

I hope you'll like it too❤️

Happy reading:)

Chapter Sixteen: Evan

I didn't know it would take that long, not to mention it's only been few minutes that I've been waiting for Gabe to come out and tell me that he's fine. Which I knew he will be.

It's hard.

No!

Actually, it's very hard to wait. To be patient. Especially, when suddenly all clocks seemed to be either not working or hardly moving. My heartbeat has been a constant reminder of the situation I was in. My palms were sweaty and I was frightened. I was alone on this; which was new to me. It was like the first time that I did something my friends would never approve of and my parents would...er...eventually, ground me for. But, it seemed right in the moment to me.

I knew I was taking a huge risk when I decided to help him instead of myself by leaving my car there. I was bringing a lot on the line...because trust me, you don't know my dad.

My legs were tired of standing all this time, as I felt them shudder. Impatiently, I sat on the bench outside the Emergency room, trying hard not to imagine his face back from the fight. Marcus was mercilessly killing him while Evan just stood right in front of him; doing nothing at all.

How could everyone laugh and not care?

What have we become?

All he ever did was helping others... and that wasn't what he deserved. It was us who made him look bad. It was me.

A tear strolled down my cheeks and I instantly wiped it off. I couldn't get why was I so much hurt?

My foot persistently tapped the white marbled floor creating small sounds, as it echoed in the empty hallway.

Why was I crying for a guy who did nothing but yelled at me, hurt me, broke my phone, and always been rude to me??!!

Maybe, I am doing this for the guy who said please to me, who didn't actually ever hurt me, who helped the freshmen, and who...

Who is actually someone better than he pretends to be. . .

He hardly lets his guard down in front of me and whenever he did, every time I fell for his charm. I strangely felt safe around him and I never wanted to admit all these weird feelings until, tonight. I couldn't see him get hurt. It was hurting me too.

I snapped out of my trance when my phone buzzed inside my handbag for millionth time and like every other time, I ignored it. Few were from Marissa, mostly from Kim and Justin, and very few from my parents. What was I supposed to say if I had picked up any of their calls?

So, it was better not to say anything, I decided.

I dropped my phone back in the bag again and zipped it up.

The door next to me finally opened and Gabe walked out. I stood up facing him, as he immediately embraced me in a hug. "Hey..."

"Hi." I replied back while hugging him. I felt a little calmer than earlier and slowly pulled away.