Chapter Twenty-Two- Mr and Mrs Reynold

I dedicate this chapter to my beautiful friend who crazily commented on my chapters and motivated me a lot. Thanks sareena_15 :) Hope you like it.

Chapter Twenty-Two: Mr and Mrs Reynold

What do you do when you find out something that shattering? I had two choices; first I could go home and wait for my parents to return so that we could have a little chat about it. Second, I could go home and cry my eyes out because it was extremely excruciating to even talk about it.

My heart was pounding so fast in my chest, as if it would explode any minute. I couldn't hold it any longer. Marissa gave me a afraid look when I situated myself in the passenger's seat and tied my seat-belt around. But, she didn't say anything for which I was glad.

But, when tears ran down to my cheeks- as those words were reiterating in my mind- a sob left my lips. I looked over to see if Marissa heard me- she did.

Instantly she pulled the car at the side and turned towards me, as she hastily asked, "Why are you crying? Is everything alright, Ms. Michelle?" She asked concerned, with her worried eyes.

I wonder if she knew about it. Did she? If she did, it would mean she lied to me. The one person I trusted so much also had betrayed me....

I looked away, shaking my head. "Nothing."

I didn't want to find out if Marissa knew or not. Because, I wouldn't be able to handle another blow on my face. I will collapse before she could even tell me.

"Is it about that fighting guy?" Abruptly she inquired, probably trying and recalling his name in her head. Her hand grabbed mine in hers and she waited for my reply.

Slightly, I shook my head, "Evan. And no. It's not about him." I informed, turning my attention outside the window.

Quickly, I added not giving her any chance to question me again. "Marissa we're not going home. There's somewhere I need to go first." I said, deadpanned solemnly.

She furrowed her brows at me and when I didn't explain anything, she nodded. "Where do you want me to take you, Ms. Michelle?" Her tone was probably dry and a little hurt because, I had always told her everything- well, I assumed she did too if only she knew- but, that was least of my concerns at the moment.

"To my parents." I told, staring outside the window, avoiding her questionable gaze drilling hole at the side of my head.

I could clearly feel the air thickening around us. She desperately wanted to ask me things but, I wasn't ready yet. I could understand why she was looking at me like that. I had never in my life went to dad's company- not even once. I had sometime searched it on the web but, never really visited it. Even tho' one day it will be mine- not by choice- I hadn't. Dad just never asked me to visit him or go with him like any other father would once in a while.

But, now I am going.

What did I do to make him hate me? I just can't think of any reason that would make the parents avoid their own child's birthday...

My heart was constantly pounding loudly in my ears, as we got closer and closer. I may have never went there but, I could feel it was getting closer.

Oh god! What I'm gonna say to them? I didn't think what I was really gonna say to them? Moreover, How the hell was I going to face them?

Tears ran down. I never felt so alone in my life- even though I had pretty much grown up lonely in my empty house- yet I never felt that miserable in my life.